Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 88004 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2016, 06:57:20 pm »

I just finished putting up ... the rope along the ceiling. 

Nice!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2016, 09:35:19 pm »
Thanks guys. 

I put another heavy coat of water sealer on the front and back of the camper today.  I'll have to get another gallon to finish the back side.  I was going to put up the light but decided to test it out first.  It wasn't as bright as I wanted.  For what I paid for that LED tape light it should have been brighter.  I'm going to return it and get something else. 

I folded the edges and tacked down the canvas on the bed platform.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:48:21 am by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2016, 11:20:36 pm »
Looking good Clint. I like it. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2016, 10:45:18 am »
Looking good Clint.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2016, 04:49:30 pm »
Outstanding, Buddy! I like everything you have done.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2016, 08:08:32 pm »
just keeps gettin better and better  :)
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2016, 08:49:28 pm »
Hey ..... since it pulls so good behind my truck....How about renting it out to me and my wife for a weekend.. :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #352 on: June 22, 2016, 10:11:09 pm »
Thanks guys. 

Mullet, you missed a chance at seeing it at the Classic.  You better not miss next year.

Danzn Bar, Anytime you want to use it just let me know. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2016, 10:22:37 pm »
We have some very severe storms heading our way tonight.  The weather guy says its the worst storms we've had since 2012.  It figures I get the camper just about done and a storm will blow it away. I parked the truck right next to it to try and block some of the wind.  The house and garage should help also.  I hope its still there in the morning.   

This afternoon I dulled some trade points and hafted them on my curtain rods.  I got them hung back up. 

I got a sheet set for the bed.  The curtains don't match.  I have a couple extra pillow cases.  I might have my mom sew them into new curtains. 

I exchanged the light for a brighter one.  It's still low profile so it won't take up much headroom.  The cord doesn't look good going across the ceiling.  I didn't want a hard wired light.  If it goes out I want to be able to unplug it and swap it out with a new one without removing ceiling and wall panels.  I moved the light all around the camper and that is where I got the most even lighting.  I'll just have to get used to the cord being there.  I still need to mount the battery puck light on the ceiling over the bed for when I don't have electric hookup.   

I hung the bow rack up.  I also put up some hooks to hang towels on and some screw eyes on the front of the bed platform.  When the storage area is full I put my cooler, toolbox, etc. up against the bed platform and strap them down.  It keeps the weight more over the axles and off the tongue. 

If the RRII makes it through tonight it will make it through anything. 

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:35:08 pm by osage outlaw »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #354 on: June 22, 2016, 11:36:01 pm »
Ya need to seriously consider sumpin a bit more flowery.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #355 on: June 23, 2016, 01:55:40 am »
I woke up at 1:30 am and realized my roof overlaps are facing the wrong direction for the oncoming wind.  I could just see the roof panels peeling back like a sardine can.  I tried to tell myself it would be OK but I couldn't go back to sleep.  So I grabbed a flashlight and headed outside.  I used some ratchet straps and a tow strap to hold it down.  That's about all I can do to prepare it for the wind.  I hope it holds.  Now its 2:00 am and I'm wide awake  >:(

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #356 on: June 23, 2016, 04:46:19 am »
Hope all went well last night, storms missed us, update please when you get time. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #357 on: June 23, 2016, 04:51:28 am »
The storms haven't hit yet pappy.  Should be here real soon though.  I've been getting up every hour to check the radar. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2016, 05:41:55 am »
I just looked at it also, looks like it just passed Cincy. Good luck.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #359 on: June 23, 2016, 06:07:47 am »
We just caught the edge of it Pappy.  Just east of us got hit hard with 60 mph winds, 1" hail, and at least one reported tornado.  I did a lot of worrying and preparation for nothing.  Better safe than sorry I guess.  I'm going to get some sleep now.