Author Topic: Redneck Ramada II  (Read 87959 times)

Offline missilemaster

Re: Redneck Ramada II
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2016, 10:59:09 pm »
Coming along nicely Clint! Are you going to have more storage in the front portion?
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2016, 11:20:49 pm »
lint, you might think about adding a trim strip along the front side at least before adding the siding. It will help prevent air getting under the siding while traveling. Flashing would help keep water out.
 She is coming along nicely. Loving this build along.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:25 pm »
Cody, I might have some shelves or something in the front.  I haven't decided yet.  After I live in it for a week at the Classic I'm sure I'll think of some ways to improve it. 

Pat, are you talking about the bottom or the sides in the front?  I bought some end plugs for the siding.  It fills all the ridges to make it water tight.  I was going to have the bottom edge overhang just a little bit in the front. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2016, 11:44:47 pm »
Wish was closer to give ya a hand. Looking good!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »
Me to Knoll!

Does anybody know anything about surge brakes?  I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get them working correctly.  When I got the trailer the brake line was unhooked from the reservoir in the tongue.  I'm guessing they were locking up so they disabled them.  I've been doing some research and I'm pretty sure they are the Atwood brand.  I can't find any model number on the tongue.  I don't what replacement parts to order.  I'll try to get some pictures of them tomorrow.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 02:39:43 am »
Don't know much about surge brakes Clint.  But I would reconnect everything and bleed and fill the reservoir. We have a boat trailer years ago that kept getting water in the break fluid. It would make them lock up. So we drained the reservoir and unhooked the lines. Not sure if that's the problem with yours but being a boat trailer it could be. It might work just fine if it was hooked back up.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2016, 01:20:10 pm »
The wood siding is going slow but looking good.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2016, 01:24:27 pm »
Oh yea, that's awesome!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2016, 01:26:43 pm »
Looking Good.
You know we are all going to want the 25 cent tour at the Classic.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2016, 01:53:45 pm »
The tour will only cost a nickel.  The inside won't be finished by then.

Stringman

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »
Wow shorty, that's looking mighty fine!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2016, 03:22:40 pm »
David, glad to here you'll be at the Classic this year.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jayman448

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:56 pm »
Well i think ill have to steal your blueprints. I like this thing a lot

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2016, 08:25:30 pm »
Steal away Jayman.

I finished the one side.  I ran low on screws so the last few boards just have one each holding it in place.  There was no way I was stopping for the night with a couple boards short of finishing that side.  I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough boards to finish the other side.  It's going to be very close.  I can get more but I don't want to do all the cutting and resawing again.  I am very happy with how it looks so far. 

I took a few pictures of the surge brake.  I think everything in the tongue needs replaced.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:10 pm »
Clint, is there a manufacturer's tag on the brake? You could Google it and get the info needed.
 She's looking good.  I was talking about the 2 front corners of the body. Will there be a trim along those edges of the siding to prevent wind from getting under the siding while traveling...rain too?