Author Topic: Cane Arrow Question  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Drewster

Cane Arrow Question
« on: March 06, 2016, 09:51:05 pm »
When I build wooden arrows, I always turn the stiffest side of the spine so it is against the bow.  I'm trying to build a matched set of six cane arrows.  Will it cause any problem to orient the nock in a direction to make the spines match the best in all the shafts........whether or not it's the stiffest side?

Thanks for you help.  I'm trying to get a good set to shoot with some of my self bows.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Cane Arrow Question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:46:31 pm »
Drew, normally, with cane arrows the nodes should be in/out and not up/down and one of those node sides will be stiffer than the other. That stiffest side will go against the bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:03:32 am »
Cane arrows are generally pretty forgiving when it comes to spine, they usually shoot well from a broader range of draw weights compared to other wooden arrows.  I would be more concerned with aligning that stiff side against the bow rather than getting them all the same spine.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 10:20:52 am »
Cane arrows are generally pretty forgiving when it comes to spine, they usually shoot well from a broader range of draw weights compared to other wooden arrows.  I would be more concerned with aligning that stiff side against the bow rather than getting them all the same spine.

^This...