Author Topic: Survivalists wanted  (Read 7334 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Survivalists wanted
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 12:14:48 pm »
True point. I doubt the show cares though. There was a line in the email that stated, must have legitimate primitive survival skills. Maybe they would take a kid depending on knowledge and competency.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Stringman

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »
Just received a call back from Alanna. Gave a short interview and said they would let me know if my application was selected.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 03:01:57 pm »
I hope you get picked Scott.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 03:49:39 pm »
Best of luck Scott

Offline mak_wild

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 03:56:02 pm »
I'd like the email as well.  Thanks.

Mak

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 09:49:42 pm »
Good luck to you Scott, you gonna get naked like Billy? I was emailing them on the last one and backed off when you couldn't kill and eat everything you saw. I'm not into bugs when I could eat a monkey.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 03:26:33 am »
Hope you get in Scott and inject some real bow savvy into the proceedings.... if I was a bit younger... and over there... and had some survival skills I'd be all over it like a rash ::)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 08:48:18 am »
Hey Marc,
Im interested in seeing this email, you mind sending it my way?

Cheers
Thunder
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born...and the day you find out why."  Mark Twain

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 09:51:16 am »
Good luck to you Scott, you gonna get naked like Billy? I was emailing them on the last one and backed off when you couldn't kill and eat everything you saw. I'm not into bugs when I could eat a monkey.

You are a braver man than I. I think I would resort to eating monkeys only after the bugs were gone.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

JacksonCash

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 09:53:28 am »
If any of you guys do get accepted, let us know so we can watch your misadventures.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 10:19:37 am »
Anybody ever walk out in the woods and live for two days with nothing? Ever start a hand drill fire? A bow drill fire? Built a brush shelter that actually kept you warm enough to survive? I think sometimes primitive skills and survival skills are mixed together. The two may intermingle, but survival is altogether different.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 10:27:12 am »
Anybody ever walk out in the woods and live for two days with nothing? Ever start a hand drill fire? A bow drill fire? Built a brush shelter that actually kept you warm enough to survive? I think sometimes primitive skills and survival skills are mixed together. The two may intermingle, but survival is altogether different.

Not in about 20 years. When I was a High school kid I did all the time, not since.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Stringman

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 11:43:41 am »

Were it easy, anybody could do it!  >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 12:00:37 pm »
Just asking man. I'm a bit of a survival enthusiast, maybe more than a bit. I've never walked out with zero in my pockets. I have done a few very minimalistic ventures. Its tough, fun and humbling. Friction fire is a bit**!!! Earlier this winter I grabbed a bow drill kit I had proven many times over. Rolled out a big ember on the basement floor and headed for the woods. That tiny change in humidity stopped the train. I couldn't make an ember to save my butt. I've done the same with a hand drill.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sleek

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 12:04:17 pm »
I have done it with a fire saw using bamboo.... talk about a work out!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others