Author Topic: Indian-Style Quiver User's.  (Read 16698 times)

Immortal

Re: Indian-Style Quiver User's.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 03:59:47 am »
Hi guys,
While we are talking about the subject...  I have 2 questions which I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me with...  I have heard that back quivers can be noisy and easy to dull broadheads, how does this translate to the indian style quiver (same problem)?  Also, how do I go about getting detailed instructions on how to make them?  I have noticed the Bowyers bible has a little section describing them, but not on how to make them.
Cheers,

Offline Cromm

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 06:06:30 am »
Hi guys,
While we are talking about the subject...  I have 2 questions which I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me with...  I have heard that back quivers can be noisy and easy to dull broadheads, how does this translate to the indian style quiver (same problem)? 
With the back quivers they are more open (like a box) so when you move about the arrows can rattle around making noise and rub against each other dulling the broadheads....With the Indian style quiver the arrows are in lying down so there is less if none movement of the arrows,only the pulling out and putting back in. So no noise and the heads do not dull........

Also, how do I go about getting detailed instructions on how to make them?  I have noticed the Bowyers bible has a little section describing them, but not on how to make them.
Have a look on here at the "How to do" or arrow posts....I will post some of the things i do when making one and some info why.....
Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Scowler

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 11:03:06 am »
I'm right handed and i prefer wearing them on the right side.  Just a preference, though. 

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 11:21:55 am »
I am right handed and wear it on the right.  I had some string contact issues on the left..

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 08:28:41 pm »
I am right handed and wear it on the right.  I had some string contact issues on the left..

If you pull it in directly in front of you when shooting, that should be no problem.
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 09:16:13 pm »
Right,  What Sean said!  One of the things I like best is the fact that you can slide the quiver to the front or the back, or hold it quiet by your side.   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline Cromm

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 07:06:48 am »
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,10909.0/topicseen.html

Here's some info on how i make a Indian-Style Quiver.
Let me know if it helps you out or if you would like some more photos?????
Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.