Author Topic: Sweatin'& Chippin'  (Read 3416 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Sweatin'& Chippin'
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 06:52:34 am »
They are real comfortable. I'm looking forward to hunting in them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 12:28:44 pm »

Dang Boy, that's a nice one!  Yeah, it's been hot out here too.  Got to 80 a couple of times, but nice in the am.  Upper 30's to mid 40's.  Been in the upper 60's and low 70's lately.  Almost able to sweat.  Come on out, and chip here for a while.  I have about given up on knapping.  Still can't drive a flake worth a crap.  I can make a point, that is practical, but not pretty.  I would like to progress a mile or two further than I am at this point.  I think I will just stick with arrows.  I am OK with them.  That will make a nice knife.  You might also, put it on lance.  That would make for a nice mantle piece.  Especially if the shaft was covered in rawhide, and beaded, with an array of eagle feathers on a strip of brain tanned leather, connected to the shaft, fore and aft.  Then you could put your points in a display box under it.  Well now you have something to do with out sweating.  Well not as much anyway.  At least out here it is drier.  Like I said before, you and Cathy, need to come out here, for a couple of weeks.

Wayne

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 12:32:45 pm »
Yesterday evening was the first time this year that the sweat started rolling down my face, sitting still.  And, so it begins.  It's officially bathing suit/sandal weather until further notice. ;D
1’—>1’

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 12:49:50 pm »
  SWEETTTTTTTTTT
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 05:16:11 pm »
Thanks, Wayne. Give me a couple more years, told Kathie today i'm done working at 65, had enough.It's looking like rainy season is starting early too, Steve.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »
Looks nice Eddie.