Author Topic: KABOOM  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Zuma

Re: KABOOM
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 12:02:12 pm »
Urufu, You will have to check with Kieth about
messing with those quartzite nasties ::)

True BJ. I lost enough sleep that night. :laugh:

Hi Tom, What is that little weird icon by your avatar? ???

Kieth you should make your own---
Place cobbles over a cedar tree root.
Replace turf.
Cook for less than a nanosecond at a temperature
hotter than the sun.
Check your hair to see if it has turned gray while waiting. >:D
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:39 pm »
Upon further inspection I found a lot of the soil
blown out of the ditch up on the soffit of the barn.
The door was blown out of the track and the circuit
breaker for the electrical panel was blown back at the
house. X marks where the panel is located inside the barn.
Kaboom
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 06:13:02 pm »
I seen that once on a tree on the lawn.The lightning hit the tree.Went down the tree and blew the sod right off where the roots were.Like you said a flash and crack boom at the same time.Very close.I had 5 pups in a doghouse about 50' away from that tree.Lucky they were fine.
When lightning strikes so close like that you never forget it.I've had lightning strike that close by me 2 other times.Once a place out in the field never grew anything there all summer in a 30' circle that I saw strike.The ground I think got sooooo hot it fried everything.
Lucky you come out of it with not too terrible amount of damage.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Zuma

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 10:37:19 pm »

Zuma
Like you said a flash and crack boom at the same time.Very close.I had 5 pups in a doghouse about 50' away from that tree.Lucky they were fine.
Now that is friightining, lightning

When lightning strikes so close like that you never forget it.I've had lightning strike that close by me 2 other times.
Good gracious, Yeah I won't forget it. >:D
.The ground I think got sooooo hot it fried everything.
Lucky you come out of it with not too terrible amount of damage.
Yes thank you, it could have been so much worse. I'm blessed.
Oh, so were the pups names--Flash,Boomer,Bright Eyes.Zeus and Skidmark?
Zuma

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 08:45:00 am »
They should of been should'nt they......lol.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 08:56:51 am »
I remember one night I perticular. It was one of those 15" of wind and lighting but no rain and we could have used some rain. Wife and I where laying in bed listening to the storm when suddenly in our dark bedroom you could see and hear electricity sparks in the air followed by a huge lighting flash boom symotaniously. Really strange thing is we could never figure out what got hit. Those aren't the kind of sparks you want I the bedroom. lol
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 09:01:02 am »
Yes that's very spooky.
Long ago a friend lived on the end of an electric line on a dead end road and his toaster walked across the kitchen table from lightning.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 09:10:36 am »
Yes my wife will never forget those sparks in the bedroom she was shaking for quite awhile after that. Lightning does strange things I've heard of tractors starting up by themselves.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 10:30:03 am »
Can you imagine being hit? Look around the net and you'll find a CCTV video of a guy walking through a park and gets struck by lightning, falls straight to the ground, maybe 20 seconds later he slowly groggily gets up then continues walking maybe 15 yrds and gets struck again! Straight to the ground again, then a few seconds later gets up and continues on his way.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 10:56:40 am »
Can you imagine being hit? Look around the net and you'll find a CCTV video of a guy walking through a park and gets struck by lightning, falls straight to the ground, maybe 20 seconds later he slowly groggily gets up then continues walking maybe 15 yrds and gets struck again! Straight to the ground again, then a few seconds later gets up and continues on his way.
New meaning to Holy Smokes.  :o :o
Sky Land on the Blue Ridge very near me is where a Forest Ranger was struck seven times  although at different times. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

BJ I like to be outside when a storm is brewing. I will seriously re-think this.
Maybe we should go back to lightining rods

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 11:05:03 am »
I do too Zuma, just something fascinating about a good storm. I guess the closest I've come to getting struck was laying in my bed. One of my neighbors was outside once when storm popped up ran into barn it fell down flat as could be killed him and all the animals inside. I guess when the good lord says your time is up its up.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 11:07:33 am »
I was once stuck in the middle of a lightning storm in a Chevy Luv PU truck. I am not a tiny guy by any means - the lightning was hitting about 10 ft from the truck.... Once the storm slowed down a bit my coworker and I got the heck out of there!