Author Topic: Old Nikon binos  (Read 1779 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Old Nikon binos
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »
I have a pair of 12x50 Nikon Fieldmaster binos that give me "double vision".  Mighty nice binos, when I can rest them on something solid, otherwise with this high a magnification I tend to get a touch of green gilled seasickness from the pitch and roll! 

They were hand-me-downs from a friend that goes thru optics like Charlie Sheen goes thru a singles bar.  They have ridden under the front seat of my Jeep for years and when I pulled them out the other day, I notice the horrible double vision.  Anyone with experience with optics wanna offer advice?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Old Nikon binos
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:41:01 pm »
Are you sure it's the binocs old man?   :-\
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 03:00:39 pm »
Are you sure it's the binocs old man?   :-\

Went and whacked my head good and hard on a door jamb. The double vision in the bino neither got better or worse.  Must be the optics!

Offline Mounter

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:13:51 pm »
Likely one of the prisms has been knocked loose. Could probably be fixed, but if they're not "high" dollar bino's. I wouldn't spend the money...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:48:17 pm »
Check with Nikon and see what kind of warranty they have. I think they have a lifetime warranty on the scopes like Leapold
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:55 pm »
I contacted them from their website and got back a very confusing email. First they said: "This is be covered under the warranty."  I know my grammar is kinda wonky at times, but that makes no sense.  This is be...huh???

Than later in the same email, it says: "The service approval will require you to pre-authorize the costs".

I am left scratching my head.  Sent a follow up request for clarification, we'll see.