Author Topic: Grandpas old post finished  (Read 7854 times)

Offline GB

Re: Grandpas old post finished
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2016, 07:25:13 am »
That's fine work on that gnarly piece of wood.  Very cool!
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2016, 11:02:59 am »
Very inspiring man!.. Ive got several staves from my grampas light pole that he hung a lamp on to play horseshoes.. Their full off nails, staples, humps, and twist.... Im gonna hafta dig em outa storage and give one a go 👍.... That bow looks awesome! Great way to honor your Gramps! I love bows with a story.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DuBois

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2016, 08:08:15 pm »
Thanks everybody. This has to be the most rewarding bow so far for me.

Kevin, I do have a couple more and also some tightly snaked osage cut this spring from the same place the post was left leaning.

DC, thanks. I guess it is a good even bend but it did take a couple inches set that I think it may be due to the integrity of the wood from the rot/crack running along the limb...but it could be tillering too ;D

Clint, I don't think it is for BOM. That will hopefully be the sister to this bow.

Yeah Brian, it was a great way to pay respect and it made me realize even more how important he has been in the direction of my life. Thought a lot about my eldest sister who died this year also and was the reason for the trip back home in the first place.
Hope to see one from your staves someday.

Offline sleek

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
Doobs, if you got more of that gnarly snakey stuff, and are willing to part with it, let me know what I got to do to get a piece.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others