Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159735 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2017, 02:44:00 pm »
Bright arrows are easier to find in the skunk cabbage and leaves.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »
Alright boys, i know there's alot goin on at this event.... but i was thinking about doing a tribute to one of the forefathers of this event... Norm Blaker. Not only is he a living legend he is one of my best friends. I've had the pleasure of calling Norm a teue friend for over 20 yrs now.... nothing over the top, but i plan on making something for eveyone to sign and maybe a lil speach and hug ( Norm prefers hugs over handshakes) before the trade blanket on saturday night.

its about time you started speaking up we are going to need some of you youngsters( LoL) to get involved if we are going to keep this going for the next 25yrs
should be a good one this year  but as far as I am concerned every time we do this thing we pay tribute to Norm
What we do special  this year is up to you so take the lead on it and we will jump in behind you
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:52:31 pm by Buckeye Guy »
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2017, 09:51:18 pm »
I am planning on attending for the first time this year.  What should I plan on bringing?  I read about trade blankets, shoots, etc.  I want to make sure I have enough stuff to enjoy the experience fully.

Kyle

Good to hear that you are coming
Bring everthing you can fit then throw in some more if you dont look like Jed Clampets going down the road you aint doing it right
the main thing is come as early  in the week as you can but get all the sleep you can before you come cause there aint no time for sleeping when you are there thats why most folks bug out on Sunday noon they are to ttired to go any more

I will open the gate Wed. Unless I hear from you folks you are comming sooner
see ya all there
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2017, 03:07:03 pm »
I'll be there Wednesday. not sure if I'm taking the whole day off or working a part day. Either way my tent will be set up by sundown.  hey Guy any chance we can get in the clubhouse Wednesday or Thursday so we could put those pork shoulders in the fridge?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2017, 10:59:23 am »
Man I sure am going to miss you all this year!  :'( I finally got to meet almost everyone that I have looked up to PA over the years.  I made some good friends and got to hang out with some of the best people on the planet at the events I've been to. I have only been to Marshall just the one time but it's one of my favorites and a beautiful place as well.

Mike, I got the chance to meet Norm last year when I was there.  I also managed acquire a few of his atlatal darts that I am going to try and display in my house some how. I did get the opportunity to sit down and visit with him for a while.  He is definitely a top notch guy for sure.  If there is anything I can do to help with acknowledging him please don't hesatate to ask me.  I can send something to you if that would help. 

I will be putting this event on the calendar for next year! I'll plan on camping as long as possible as well. I will miss you guys throughly this year. Please take a ton of pictures and make a detailed post of the goings on!  :BB :-K (SH) (=)

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2017, 12:07:25 pm »
Sorry you won't be able to make it Patrick.  Hopefully it works out for next year.

Mike, I will try to come up with something for Norm. 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2017, 12:51:29 pm »
Patrick really going to miss you. Glad to have met you and Eric. Good Luck settling in at your new place. Hope you get some more time to make some bows. Really hoping to see you next year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2017, 12:52:05 pm »
Paul I think we should have access to refrigerate the meat

Ya Patrick we will miss you but as for pictures well you will have talk someone less busy  than me to take time out thefun for that , not sure what that takes , I hope somehow it happens cause its hard to tell folks what goes on here and pics might help
Maybe one day the good Lord will bless me with a trip to Missouri !
Take care freind and get us on your calendar now
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2017, 01:06:43 pm »
hey folks, if you guys would like to give something to Norm that would be great... but I'm making a plaque and was hoping everyone would sign it.. so please dont feel like ya gotta make something.. again if ya want to thats great to
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »
Well, If I get there this year, it will likely be solo.  My darling wife will be busy as heck the whole week prior chairing a National Conference for one of her professional organizations.  It's likely that I'll be similarly engaged in a support role for at least part of that time, so my own options are getting substantially narrowed out as well... :(

I'm still looking to coordinate some sort of option to make it work out, but I'm not sure yet.

JonW and DVS - either of you guys likely to make it?  Care to share a ride and camp gear?  Dave, you likely don't need any convincing to go to another primitive bow event, but I'm sure you'd enjoy this one!  Jon - They had a very limited use of Holy Belt Sander tillering technique last year.  You could count this as an evangelistic/missionary journey!

OneBow

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2017, 09:14:14 am »
Im gonna see about makin this one..but i just read thru the whole thread and dint see the dates? Maybe i missed it?.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:33 am »
Memorial weekend
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2017, 11:07:34 am »
We get there early though.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2017, 12:02:18 pm »
👍👍 thanks fellers
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2017, 05:02:03 pm »
Here you go 19833 D Drive south Marshall Michigan 49068
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !