Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159752 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2017, 06:58:04 am »
You got one part right for sure, Pauly has probably armed half those kids. He acts like a down town Chee-cago tough guy, but he isn't. He has a heart bigger than my melon. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #616 on: June 02, 2017, 10:21:34 am »
Sorry pat. It could be worse...

This should be the cover art for a future printing of PA magazine!   8)

OneBow

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2017, 12:44:20 pm »
Finally getting unpacked
so I will try to post a pic of one of my prized gifts a cherished Badly Bent bow
thanks so much Greg  , this means alot to me !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2017, 01:09:35 pm »
That looks like a beauty guy. There sure where a lot of Badly Bent bows changing hands
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »
Yes it is and yes there were
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »
Here's the Badly Bent I scored

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2017, 03:24:17 pm »
Another sweeeeeeett one !
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bubby

« Reply #622 on: June 03, 2017, 05:06:49 pm »
Gregs bows sure are a pleasure to shoot
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2017, 05:25:27 pm »
Greg probably got better gas mileage on the way home after handing out all of those bows. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #624 on: June 03, 2017, 07:23:48 pm »
Thats awesome Guy... Gregs bows are truly a work of art
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #625 on: June 04, 2017, 11:18:43 am »
Been a busy week since I got home from Marshall last weekend, just now catching up on this thread and sure missing the good times I had there among so many good friends. I'm so glad you are happy to have one of my bows Guy, you've been a great friend to both Sharon and I and you always make us feel so welcome at Marshall each year.
I hope that bow you got at the trade blanket from me holds up Aaron and gets some shooting time. I'm loving the hatchet I got from you and it already has seen some use doing some further rough out work on my Elm Hall elm bow, it is not only beautiful but is sharp and perfectly balanced.
I'm also thrilled that BJ won the birch bark backed osage bow I put in the raffle, makes me happy knowing another one of my bows found a good home with a truly nice friend. Ivote for you to join the back 40 party next year BJ. Bring the ribs though.
Also pawned one off on my good friend and king of the pranksters Osage Outlaw. I got a beautiful osage bow gifted to me from Clint down in Tenn. that has a place of honor on my bow rack among the many others I've received from PA friends. I've been shooting it and it fits me perfectly. Thanks again Clint my friend.
Sharon came home with the outstanding bow our friend D-bar donated to the raffle and couldn't wait to try it out in the backyard the next day. She loves it and is thrilled to now own two lucky raffle bows, a Pearly and a Dancing Bear.
Nate came home with a couple of Bow Mo knapped knives, one from the raffle and one that he purchased from his lemonade stand proceeds that Nina shared with him. He loves hanging around Dan and watching him flint snap. Thanks to Paul also for helping the kids make leather neck knife sheaths and for gifting Nate a sweet one man tent. Nate slept in it for the first time at Marshall, pretty cool adventure for an 8 year old. The memories that boy is getting from these gatherings and the people there are priceless.
So much giving was going on there that I'm sure I missed some of it, so thanks to everyone. :)

Here's a couple pics related to the past weekend;
The trade blanket was a riot, real fun way to do it and I'm sure we'll all be doing that way again next year.I scored the hatchet from Aaron, bunches of feathers and broad heads from Matt, plus feathers from DVS and I think Aaron also.
And the 3rd pic is of Sharon enjoying shooting her bow from Bill in the backyard the day after we returned from MI.

Whoops, didn't have 3rd photo loaded :o

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #626 on: June 04, 2017, 11:21:15 am »
The d-bar bow in action. (-S
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #627 on: June 04, 2017, 12:28:24 pm »
I have a great time at every gathering I go to.  But there was just something different about Marshall this year.  It was something special.  It's hard to put it into words. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #628 on: June 04, 2017, 01:32:09 pm »
Glad Sharon like's her new bow....and Clint your right there was just something special about this year at Marshall MI.

I also was gifted with a very special gift from two good friends.  A bow from Pearly and some arrows from Greg. This is the first Yew ELB  I have ever shot this much and it's shoots very nice.  Greg's arrows are very special to me ...... they match the ELB perfect and are  very elegant see for yourself...................Shot a round with them and didn't loose one arrow in the skunk cabbage.....
Thanks guy's you really surprised me.
DBar

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:56:37 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #629 on: June 04, 2017, 01:33:31 pm »
A few more

THANKS AGAIN GUY's!!!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking