Author Topic: Hunting question from a newbie  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Gunnar B.

Hunting question from a newbie
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »
Heya, I've never bow hunted before but I want to start primitive bow hunting. I'm planing on get a hickory bow that is going to be shooting between 40-45 pounds will that bow take white tails with flint heads on the arrows Sorry if this has been ask a ton
Gunnar
Macomb county Michigan
Southern boy who lives in the Midwest

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Hunting question from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 05:14:01 am »
Simple answer of course it will. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 07:16:30 am »
As Pappy said sure it will but. The but is that it takes some time and dedication to reach that goal. I too have made that a personal goal and I believe I have the tools I need now, and the shooting skills are close probably could always be a little better. As in any hunting it is very important to have good shot placement. So you have to get very comfortable with your tools. Now I'm scouting and looking for good ambush spots. Next probably the hardest part putting it all together finding that animal, not losing my cool and making it all happened. I'm not trying to discourage you but you have to do the homework to pass the test. Your young and have time ahead of you start one step at a time it's all fun anyhow and you'll get there. It's like walking and life in general if you fall down get back up and try again. Don't be afraid to ask your PA elders question and have fun. Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 07:27:30 am »
Go look through all of the yearly hunting picture threads at the top of the page.  I think you will find your answer there  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:12:48 am »
One should always check the local hunting laws regardless but I would like to mention something that not everyone is aware of and that is some states do have minimum weights for bow hunting so while a 40lb bow can take deer some states I believe have a 45lb minimum etc.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 09:50:35 am »
40# minimum in Kansas and Missouri