Author Topic: boots or mocs?  (Read 13670 times)

Offline huntertrapper

boots or mocs?
« on: March 01, 2008, 02:00:46 pm »
anyone wear moccasins when hunting. they are quieter and less bulky but you step on one sharp stone or stick while on a stalk the jig is up. ;D my dads friend takes his boots off and stalks if he sees a deer. but i just figure wear moccasins so you dont have to put boots on and off. :) i went a whole summer wearing mocs when i was in the woods and even stores ;). i was walking through creeks and my feet were always wet from dew. i even wore them to work on roofs. it makes ya appreciate boots. ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Kegan

Re: boots or mocs?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:26:57 pm »
I go barefoot from spring till fall. And occasionally in the winter if I'm too lazy to put shoes on :D. Quietest thing there is. I do have a pair of mocassins that I wear when it gets colder, but I loathe hunting in boots. It's like wearing a coat- too cumbersome and loud for my tastes :P.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:30:43 pm »
you go barefoot all day? :) do you hunt from a stand? i stalk around a lot or sit under a tree so i need quiet shoes. maybe ill try barefoot almost all year. ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 05:38:31 pm »
Yup :). I stalk- I don't have the patience for sitting in a stand/blind. It's been several years running where I've gone without shoes as much as possible. Early archery and small game season are my favorites because my feet are still tough from the summer, and the weather isn't cold enough to drive me into shoes yet ;)

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:09:00 pm »
i dont think id even be allowed to do that. i get another rap cause i wear "stupid" moccasins
Modern Day Tramp

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 07:58:54 pm »
  I hunt in Moc's or boots. It depends on how many snakes I see. ;D As far as your feet getting wet, that's a gimme down here. I have hunted in Flip- Flops too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:37 pm »
you wear flip flops? :)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:15:02 pm »
I need to get or make me a good pair of moskins for still huntiin, these work boots are a tad bulky. Flip flops, now that's an idea - got some roman sandles too, hmmm....
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 08:38:39 pm »
Little bit cold here for bare feet come huntin season >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 08:56:44 pm »
aint to bad here in early archery. first day this year was pretty chilly i think was low forties or high forties in the morning and breezy
Modern Day Tramp

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 12:05:21 pm »
Hey I have kicked my boots off and went in my socks to stalk a deer ,stayed within 30 yards of it for about an hour never harvested it just fun following it around there is a site called crazy eagle it is a native American site sells moccasin kits plains style hard sole but the hard souls are not like waishishu souls
                                            Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 04:22:53 pm »
okay thanks. :)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »
You Boyz would have a wonderful time here in the Panhandle with all of the Cholla ...Prickly Pear...Barrel Cacti....Sand Burs and Goat Heads..To mention just a few....I could see you walking Barefooted or with Moc's here....would be a blast!!! Hell the Ants and Scorpions would love ya too!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 05:16:51 pm »
  Here's mine, Seminole style;

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 05:41:22 pm »
awesome! ;D nd yeah i can imagine in texas. :)
Modern Day Tramp