Author Topic: Asking Permission  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Asking Permission
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:46 pm »
On the 17th along with my Game and Fish partner we will be doing a hands on flint knapping class with some young people at the annual Painted Rocks G&F classes.  The young people have a choice of many other things to learn.  We will be lucky to have enough time with each group to let them experience some basics.  I have made some tools, including flakers, Ishi sticks, abraders, hand pads, etc.  The  G&F have donors that will provide eye protection and gloves.  What I am asking permission for is to tell them about the Primitive Archer web site where they can be guests and learn about knapping from the members. Is that  OK or should I not mention it?  I have been doing the show and tell knapping thing off and on since the 70s.  So much information about knapping now on the internet that these young people have access to.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Zuma

Re: Asking Permission
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:43:27 pm »
What would be wrong if you told
them that they could join up? ???
There are always new folks here learning. :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:00:24 pm »
I agree with Zuma. When I teach people how to knap, I tell them about the sites on the internet, and how much those sites can help.

WA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:43 pm »
Teach on, Joe, I don't see a problem. Except I'm pretty sure if they don't register they will not
be able to see any pictures posted.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tward1604

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:47:26 pm »
you can see most of the pictures without registering. (I creeped for years). but you get so much by registering