Author Topic: A couple of firsts for the year  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

A couple of firsts for the year
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »
Woke up this morning to the first big snow on the mountains this year.  32 degree temps make gardening tough!  Had a really big gnarly buck pass thru the yard yesterday.  He was on patrol and had strips of dried velvet hanging all over his antlers.  He is a grandson of our old buck we called Too Wide or Four Brow.  This fellow had forked brow tines and lots of extra points.  He was already across the yard and into the deep grass of the pasture before I could get the camera out! We had two big wild fires, one on the old ranch on the Northfork that burned right up to my brother in law's cabin which the firefighters managed to save.  The cabin and area are used to hunt disabled hunters for elk.  The other fire was in the mountains right behind the ranch were I live now.  Smoke jumpers, helicopters, planes, and ground troops fought that fire for two weeks.  Hunting season has already started for some tags.  I have a bull elk and antelope tag for the ranch.  Thanks for reading!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: A couple of firsts for the year
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:48:31 pm »
Yes you guys have had a lot of excitement with those fires this year.I see the forecast is for unseasonbly colder temps for a bit.That should help hunting some.
Been seeing some nice whitetail bucks here too early mornings in Iowa anyway.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:14:23 pm »
Stay safe Joe
hope you fill a bunch of tags
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:38:24 am »
Joe, I always enjoy the views out of your windows. As I sit here with our outside temps rising on this August morning the snow capped mountains you describes help to cool me mentally if not physically. You are privileged to have the array of vistas and animals just outside your back door. Thanks for sharing it with us.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC