Author Topic: ZIKA VIRUS  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: ZIKA VIRUS
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 09:25:05 am »
News reports say its breeding and spreading over in Miami.  I'm on the other coast.  I've already been out hunting this year and am not going to alter my mindset or activities.

My buddy got back from Columbia the other week and had to be hospitalized from mosquito born illness.  Its taken awhile for diagnosis, but is now being called encephalitis.  I don't react to media inflammation, but have studied biology enough to treat mosquito born virus' with some consideration.  That said, I'm going hunting tomorrow in my 3d camouflage bug suit! ;D
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 08:06:43 pm »
Per New York Dept of Health, there have been approx 600 cases reported in New York. All travel related. Pools of water are being checked constantly and none of larvae have been found to be infected with the virus.
And I believe Paul is correct that danger is for pregnant women.

Mosquito's are the worst human killers in the world. A prooven fact. Also they are now finding out that it also effects the heart of some male adults and is now transmitted by sex. And Gov. Scott didn't cut off the funding money, the state ran out and was waiting for the current Federal Government to allocate more, which they have.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:13:13 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 07:39:47 pm »
  My concern is for the younger folks, child bearing age...Really you could contract the virus outside at a barbecue in the right place...Also has been documented cases where it is sexually transmitted also and no found cure...Hype? hope so...but it's been in 3rd world countries since 1943...Go-ogle Zika children...Now it's in the good ole' USA...I'm 53 so no worries here...
                                                                                Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 10:55:06 pm »
I was counting on having at least three more kids, now, I think I'll hold off a few years and see if they come up with a cure.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 05:23:20 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D Eddie you won't do.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good