Author Topic: High Tech Gizmo  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

High Tech Gizmo
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:06:49 am »
I had never googled "Tillering Gizmo" until yesterday, very interesting.

Apparently it has been used in different countries, had a couple of youTube videos made describing it but the best is a guy who made one on a 3D printer, who would have thought.......

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:46:04 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: High Tech Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:06:48 am »
You should have patented it.  ;D  I guess a good idea is a good idea world wide. Bows and arrows were so why not a tillering Gizmo.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 10:29:07 am »
You just lost your chance of becoming a millionaire, Eric.
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline FilipT

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 10:50:39 am »
Good thing if you don't have pulley system. With pulley system you are avoiding holding bow at certain draw length and instead you are looking at movement of limbs.
If you don't have pulley then you can use this gizmo.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 11:45:35 am »
I tried selling them for $5 each years ago, I might have sold a couple. Being the sorry business man I am, I told all the people looking at my gizmos how to make one, end of story. I have given away over 200 at this point.

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 03:07:33 pm »
I tried selling them for $5 each years ago, I might have sold a couple. Being the sorry business man I am, I told all the people looking at my gizmos how to make one, end of story. I have given away over 200 at this point.

A true humanitarian.
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline GB

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 03:21:57 pm »
When I post a bow on here and get compliments on its tiller, the gizmo really deserves most of the credit.  So glad that I found your post on how to make one years ago, Eric.
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline darinputman

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 11:52:47 pm »
Same here the gizmo has really helped to teach me proper tiller.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 11:32:05 am »
Just think of the number of staves saved from hinges and ultimate failure.  I prefer to believe you have done a great service to prevent unnecessary deforestation!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Badger

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 11:47:57 am »
   I have tried a number of different variations of the gizmo, I wanted to find a way for a gizmo to give me an elyptical tiller. I used a felt tip pen one time that would give me a heavier line as the bend got tighter. That worked pretty good. If you can find a way to do this it will really increase its versatility.

Offline loon

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 03:16:19 pm »
   I have tried a number of different variations of the gizmo, I wanted to find a way for a gizmo to give me an elyptical tiller. I used a felt tip pen one time that would give me a heavier line as the bend got tighter. That worked pretty good. If you can find a way to do this it will really increase its versatility.
Awesome, thanks! I was wondering the same

Offline Badger

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 04:03:55 pm »
Awesome, thanks! I was wondering the same

I had that backwards, the line got thinner as the bend increased