Author Topic: Opening day.  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Opening day.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 04:28:01 am »
Well it's a week into our and I am still fired up, the weather has finely eased and is supposed to be a beautiful weekend, last weekend was as hot as I have every hunted especially in the evenings, but I still enjoyed. Hope all of you that are just getting started this weekend have a great hunt and shoot straight. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 06:44:46 am »
Saturday is open day for us in Indiana. Looks like it's going to be a good weekend.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 08:02:56 am »
I've had many opening days and they where always exciting, however none where opening bow season for me. I can't explain how much anticipation I feel  waiting another 24 hours for the sun to break the darkness and shine it's light on whatever hunting opportunities are out there. However the weather man say's the sun probably isn't going to shine and the rain is predicted. I'm thinking I'll be close to one of my gun blinds if I have to get out of the rain for a bit.
bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 01:51:57 pm »
I get to go Monday afternoon,, for the first time,, wishing everyone the best of luck,,  :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »
Ours starts tomorrow. Rain and wind is forecasted. So I decided last night I would build me a new yew recurve bow this weekend rather. I cleaned up the back and laid a bow out. Hope to get it cut out tonight and floor tillered, maybe even reflexed and straightened.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »
I'm anxious here  to ambush too.The weather is good but could get just a little cooler yet for more deer activity yet I'd say.The best is yet to come for sure.I brought in another osage stave myself to ponder on.It'll need some coaxing.
Good luck to everyone this year.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed