Author Topic: Arrow photos  (Read 5739 times)

Offline Sockrablur

Re: Arrow photos
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 11:15:37 am »
Good info pat always appreciate your experienced input!
Buckeye guy lots of room in here... let's see em  :)
Low 30s on Halloween the woods is beautiful right now just need to be in the right spot at the right time

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 11:37:18 am »
Thanks for sharing your build-a-long.I like my dogwoods too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 01:09:13 pm »
Cool, I like building arrows myself.  Especially dogwood, time consuming, but worth it.  Good work

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 02:26:43 pm »
I definitely cheat with my shoot shafts. My router jig has 1/2" inlet holes and swappable outlet holes (23/64, 11/32, 21/64). I harvest my shoots slightly over 1/2 diameter, then rasp away anything that's over 1/2 and take off irregularities that would prevent it from running through. Then I do a basic straightening, chuck the small end in a drill, turn on the shaft maker 9,000,000 and whalah - a finished shaft.

They actually keep most of their character after going through the jig which is the strangest thing. I can make a dozen shafts that are pretty close in spine and weight in no time this way. Definitely not primitive, but it's fast and effective. I like shoots over dimensional lumber shafts cuz they're tough as hell and each one has character.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »
Great looking arrows . Love me some osier. Those are some gooders. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)