Author Topic: Reflex Bow issue  (Read 5495 times)

Offline bushboy

Re: Reflex Bow issue
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 06:51:27 pm »
Yes agreed with the above statements.a very heavy floor tiller to a medium first brace will most time fix this.fast flight string is a must imo.I've seen b55 go from a 5" to a reverse brace in short order.in the matter of 20 seconds or so.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline bubby

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »
Even if the tips are aligned.... the thickness of the limbs from side to side can cause the bow to want to flip.......even thickness from side to side of the limbs is very important on highly reflex bows.....
DBar
So what effect do you think doing a mild hollow limb design will play into that?

I really think a hollow limb design is a pretty advanced design
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DesertDisciple

• Arise, for it is your task, and we are with you
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 11:14:12 pm »
All great advice above. Just finished my first recurve and wished I had completely straightened the limbs before bending because it was a bear to get to full brace. I highly recommend stringer grooves and a stringer.
Best Regards,

Andrew

Offline alwayslookin

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 02:14:16 pm »
Thanks for a the replies fellas. I will keep you updated on the progress.
In all your ways acknowledge  him and he will make your paths straight.

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 03:04:33 pm »
  Good luck.

My best fix has been wide limbs, especially inner and middle limbs.  Also, in a flatbow, leaving the limbs parallel and full width out at least halfway up the limbs, at least until final tiller.  It seems the best thing to do is give the limb a REASON not to bend sideways, but only forward and backwards.  At 2" wide and only a half inch thick, it's likely not to bend sideways, unless the limbs twist like mad or the tips are way out of alignment.  If the limb is 1-1/4 " wide and almost an inch thick, it's going to lean just a tiny bit sideways, and flip.