Author Topic: 20th Tennessee Classic  (Read 69956 times)

Offline dirthas

Re: 20th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »
I didn't get many pictures because I spent too much time shoving the video camera in peoples' faces. I'll be posting a link to the vid here as soon as I get it edited. Camera operator Nina gave me about 3GB of wonderfully narrated sprinting to sort through  :laugh:

Turtle slaying another 11:

Thunder showing off his bendy-handled elm's tiller:

Legolas was actually at the Classic this year, y'all just didn't realize it because he cut his hair. Recognize him below?

The crew before the annual button shoot:

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2017, 12:01:12 am »
Good thing sheriff Seabass didn't see that motley group standing together.  (A)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2017, 12:28:53 am »
Many thanks to the crew at Twin Oaks.  The effort that they put forth is truly amazing.  I am so thankful to everyone who had a hand in it.  We had a blast and are counting the days till next year.  The West Alabama Traditional Archers at the Classic...  I am still sore from laughing. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2017, 04:15:59 am »
Thanks for the pictures everyone and coming out and making this a big success for us, it was the biggest crowd we have every had and seemed everyone left with a smile, it was a pleasure to meet your girls Paul and Scott, they are sweet as they can be and I can tell they had some good raising. Sorry for all my friends west of the Mississippi river, the showing was small for that part of the country but you got to take care of home first, hope all are doing OK. Again Thanks for all yall do to make this happen. I will have some pictures up on Life is Good as soon as I catch my breathe and catch up some here at work. By the way we had 603 register and probably a thousand folks that came to enjoy. ;) :) :) :) See ya next year. ;) Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2017, 10:39:40 am »
We made it back at 4 AM Monday morning.  This was my personal favorite Classic, so far.  It was great to see everyone and reconnect.  Made a few new friends too!  Made a great memory with Angie and the Spirit Station work.
Angie still hasn't stopped saying how much she enjoyed it and needed the trip.  She was long overdue.  The people are simply the best and the activities and events just can't be beat. 

Pappy and the Twin Oaks crew...we appreciate the hard work and effort.  The Classic is a gift that really makes life a better journey.  A REAL piece of American culture.  So thankful for it, Pappy.

Didn't take very many pictures this year so I'm hoping to continue to see some really good ones especially from "The Goat"!

It amazes me the bonds and friendships that I've been given coming Twin Oaks.  What a blessing.

Stephen & Angie

1’—>1’

Stringman

« Reply #275 on: May 09, 2017, 12:50:22 pm »
Was glad to finally meet your wife, Steve. You're a blessed man!

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #276 on: May 09, 2017, 06:23:16 pm »
First would like to thank Pappy and crew for another great Classic,  The site of the young ladys  wearin my ex furs did make an old mans heart sing, just the push I needed to get a few for more for next yr. Bob

Stringman

« Reply #277 on: May 09, 2017, 07:34:10 pm »
Ashton's prized possession.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2017, 07:35:48 pm »
Bob I wish I knew that was you I would have introduced myself. Thank you very much for the deal on the beautiful pelt

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2017, 08:33:19 pm »
Thanks for the pics
they are so precious to me cause they show some precious folks having fun , love it!
good job Y'all
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2017, 03:41:38 am »
Missed you Guy, it was another great time with some of the best people in the world. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2017, 11:44:17 am »
I missed y'all to Pappy
Trying to get loose for Cloverdale but not looking to promising for that one either are you coming up for it Pappy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: May 11, 2017, 03:42:44 am »
I may but not sure yet Guy, we are hosting the Traditional IBO World again this year [last year] so things as you know get very busy getting ready for these big events. I plan on making a bunch of events I have been wanting to go to next year when I retire Good Lord willing. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #283 on: May 11, 2017, 06:29:41 am »
Was a great time again this year at Twin Oaks, the rain couldn't even dampen anyone's spirits. We really enjoy the fellowship of this gathering and seeing friends, many of which we only see this one time each year. One of the coolest things about this place is seeing how much fun everyone has regardless of age. From 2 yrs. old to 82 everyone has a smile on their face. I was enjoying myself so much that I didn't have my phone with me most of the time and got home and realized I only had 2 pictures from the entire weekend :(    I'm glad some of you are more on the ball and got some good photos. Thanks for letting us hang out and relax at your slice of paradise for a few days Pappy. And thanks once again to the entire Twin Oaks crew for your hard work, you guys are the best.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #284 on: May 11, 2017, 06:43:41 am »
Very cool pictures Greg, I posted a lot more on life is good, several of all the kids, got to love that, it's or future . ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good