Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 114452 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2017, 10:53:03 pm »
Good news, Pat!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2017, 06:37:25 am »
Glad to hear it Patrick.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2017, 07:38:15 am »
that is good news Pat... Happy 4th of July!
 (-S
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2017, 07:39:39 am »
Thanks fellas!
Lets get on with the mojam banter!
Im rearing and a going now!

Happy forth to everyone!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2017, 08:50:12 am »
Great news Pat

Offline gifford

« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2017, 10:22:45 am »
Happy Independence Day to one and all.

Hey Patrick, glad to hear you going to make and bring your uncle along for the festivities. :OK

In other news, it's raining like a big dog here today. Keeping the roofs and vegetation good and wet mother natures way. (R

Doing odds and ends in the shop today. Feels good to be back in it. Cataract surgery went well, after 30 years, no glasses. Feels kinda funny actually.  :)

It's been a dang long while since the last MoJAM it will be great to see y'all again.

G

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2017, 10:57:09 am »
No glasses.. wow, don't know if I'll recognize ya?  ;) Glad that the surgery went so well, it is amazing what they can do these days.
Spent some time in the shop yesterday evening with friends Andy and Wyatt "advising" Wyatt on his 4H project bow.  It's coming along nicely and he's looking to do some tip overlays and also glue some extra onto the handle, mostly for looks.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2017, 01:10:10 pm »
Good to hear your eye surgery went well gifford! Now you can't use the excuse "Oh man, I need my glasses,  I can't see a thing!"  >:D
It will be good to see you buddy!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline gifford

« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2017, 01:54:07 pm »
Thanks guys, it's quite a difference. My wife doesn't have to read the street signs and what not for me when we're driving in a new area. As long as I stayed in my home range I knew where everything was, where to turn etc. But a new area, got a bit frustrating sometimes. We'll see how it goes. I sure do need sunglasses on a sunny day.  8)

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2017, 03:13:24 pm »
Good deal buddy! Get you some polarized sun glasses,  it will darken just a bit but it will kill the glare. I wear them all the time.  I just about can't drive without them in the daylight.

Patrick

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2017, 05:34:59 pm »
Glad it went well dan. Also good to hear you will be making it pat. I mighht might not be there as early as planned. I am training for the mr340 and need an extra weekend for a long float so it might be as late as wednesday before we get there this year.  Its not something i wsnted, but i need the training time. 340 miles in oess than 88 hours wont be easy. Ive been out of the shop and havent even been shooting because of all this damn paddling. Lol i did get a few small things fornthe auction and im hoping to make a bownthe week before to donate so it shoild be a good time. Ill donwhat i csn for you bob, worst case, i have power but youd have to camp close to me,   (-S
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2017, 08:00:53 pm »
I was beginning to worry about you Dave... you haven't posted in a week...  I'm sure I can find a place to plug my fan.  (W
I looked up the mr 340... you are some kind of nuts... but I'm thinking if you shaved off that beard the weight loss might make it easier to paddle...  ;D

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2017, 09:38:47 pm »
Dang Dave,  you not being there till Wednesday is some kinda wrong! Ill see if I can hold down your camp site for ya!

Patrick

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2017, 11:08:03 pm »
I think they have the power at the pole where you were last year Bob.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2017, 12:22:01 am »
I sure hope so... I will be parking there again on Wednesday...2 weeks from now.   (-S  I can't wait...