Author Topic: Best way to apply truoil?  (Read 4706 times)

cool_98_555

Re: Best way to apply truoil?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »
I used my finger to apply the remaining coats and it worked really well! Thanks guys!

Offline bubby

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 12:18:02 am »
"best way to apply truoil?"......................
Don't .......There's a lot of other finishes out there that is just as good and much easier and "cheaper" to apply..........
DBar

I hear you dbar I cant get it in good ol Calif anymore
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Limbwalker

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 07:19:58 am »
Using your fingers is good because there is no chance of lint finding its way into he finish, lint free rags I heard were ok. Using  0000 steel wool to buff between coats is the way to go  just like was said. I always blow it off after buffing to keep the tiny pieces of steel wool out too.

Never used on a bow yet only guitar necks, same idea. I don't know if anyone else have had bits of steel wool get into he mix, I've noticed it once checking it in he sun, now I do as mentioned and haven't had a problem. It's a very easy application as you probably found out, good stuff

Sorry guys just noticed someone already covered the lint thing, my bad
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:39:11 am by Limbwalker »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 07:49:09 am »
I use my finger, I usually do my handle area first, when the handle is finished I do the limbs, DBar it not to high , I usually get the small bottle and if you will turn the bottle upside down it will last a long time and do several bows. I am like Pat I don't like the shine but love the finish so I put a couple of light coats of Satin poly for the final coats , just to dull it a bit. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good