Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 150773 times)

Offline penderbender

• island life...
Re: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, progress updates, questions and chat
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2017, 12:36:25 pm »
It wouldn't bother me at all. Like said it won't affect the bow at all. Just a little more character. Cheers- Brendan

Offline DuBois

« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2017, 02:51:43 pm »
yeah Kyle, I thought I'd try it to see how it looked and it does have some interesting color.

Ok then, thanks fellas!
I will proceed.
I got a cover on the sinew but aint gonna say just what yet

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2017, 07:06:20 pm »
Got tip overlays on and some other decorative stuff on. How are we signing these bows? Any way in particular?
Eric

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2017, 08:05:36 pm »
I'm almost done with my bow for the trade. It's hickory with an Atlantic cod skin backing. It's tillered in real nice and I'm very happy. I will post finished pictures tomorrow after I coat it fir now here are a few from my time tillering it in, I think I fixed the flaws in the tiller since the pictures were taken but I'll know if I really did after I shoot it in tomorrow.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2017, 08:08:48 pm »
Looks great Greenriver!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »
Nice bend. And the cod skins are great looking! Cheers- Brendan

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:03 am »
What's the beat way or design for string silencers I've some otter skin is like to make a part of this bow also I'd like to share the video of it shooting whats the best way to share that with yall

Offline DuBois

« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2017, 09:08:28 am »

Cool! The cod ought to be real nice after finished.

HD-lookin forward to seeing your work, always like it. It wouod be kinda cool to have a standard for signing.

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2017, 11:27:04 am »
This is getting pretty exciting seeing everyone start to get there bows finished up. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all. Any ideas for signing these bows? should it be something basic
Fred Arnold 2017 Bow trade
To:            From:
Eric

Offline bushboy

« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »
I got a plan B roughed out,just because I'm on the low end of my guys specs.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2017, 05:06:40 pm »
More of a classical mollegebet shape save the handle
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2017, 07:34:06 pm »
I like that profile bushboy! How long is It?
Yeah I like that Eric, except maybe "made by" made for... see what everyone's  thoughts are. Cheers- Brendan

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2017, 09:07:30 pm »
Very nice! That's a great looking profile bushboy

That's a much better idea Brendan, sounds good to me.
Eric

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #493 on: July 31, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »
As far as the signature goes, you could probably even skip the "made" and simply put "by:" and "for:".

With the recent photobucket nonsense, I have been lacking with posting pics. I'm not looking forward to creating another online account to host images, but I fear it's inevitable.
My 3 piece take downs didn't go exactly as planned, but it was my first attempt at the design. I should have made the angles where the limbs attach to the receiver much closer to 0 degrees than I did. Without thinking that much ahead I just copied a receiver designed for heavily recurved FG limbs.  I'm sure I could finish them to the point where they'd shoot. Unfortunately, with the unplanned corrections/ shims they aren't an accurate example of my best work.
My plan B snakey elm is on the tree and giving me a bit of a hard time. One limb has a good bit of natural reflex and the dry heat reflex I added to the other didn't hold. I'm trying steam bending tonight. If that decides to stay where I put it, all she needs is some fancy lip stick. If it won't hold the reflex in the one limb, I'll just take it out of the other one. I may have to flip the tips to get the draw weight back up if I end up going that route.
While I'm waiting for the MC to stabilize after steaming I plan to start on an elm stave I harvested this winter. This one is about as perfect as a stave can get, so if plan B decides to continue being stubborn plan C should be a piece of cake, if it's needed at all. 
 I'll throw up some pics when I break down and sign up for a new photo hosting site.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline bushboy

« Reply #494 on: August 01, 2017, 05:51:08 am »
Thx's 64ttt.