Author Topic: Old man on the hill  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Ed Brooks

Old man on the hill
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:27:10 pm »
There is a quad trail close to my house, that I walk (hunt)quite a bit. I talk to the old timer that watches over the hill every time I go up.
I'm not sure how long he has left in this world. Here is how his view has been changing in the last couple weeks.
in the last pic you can see the timber on the ground behind this old boy. I think he is also going to be taken out. Good news is  my hunting ground is getting a face lift.  Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Old man on the hill
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:36:04 pm »
That's pretty cool.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 08:03:09 pm »
That is cool
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 08:49:58 pm »
That's cool! But if I walked up on that face hunting,,,,I'd get the hee bee gee bees jeffw

Offline BrianS

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:23:50 pm »
Gives new meaning to the saying "Ever feel like You are being watched?" Neat picture.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 12:31:19 am »
When he goes down, I think I would cut him bout and take him somewhere warm and dry and put a good coat of finish on him.  I agree about the Henie jeebies!  Some willow or sage smoke may help them move😀 Peacefully
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 07:55:37 pm »
If I am not mistaken, that guy has a wooden leg :BB
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 12:47:14 am »
Ed,
Not sure where you are, but there is a lot of "tree art" on aspens here in Colorado, that was carved by Basque (and other nationalities) sheep herders that is unique and also tilting like "The Old Man".  It really should be preserved if possible.  It's called "defacing living trees" now, so most of lot is by Anonymous.  A signed peice is rare.  Take him home and preserve him, he is a true wood spirit!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 09:56:40 am »
I'd love to take the old guy home, but I don't think that'll happen. (one of my nephews made him)
I was back up there trying to pick up a really nice vine maple stave. I cut a vine that was growing strait toward the sky. You don't see many of them like that. It had two 5'5" staves, I packed one out and stashed the bigger of the two. next to the tree in the back ground, yes right were they pilled up the timber behind the old guy. I'm hopping it hasn't been driven into the ground. and I'll be able to find it when they are done. :( Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,