Author Topic: Fire loss  (Read 7879 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Fire loss
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 09:26:27 pm »
Well that's a good while for them to think about their stupid prank.Damn insurance companies too.They sure want their premiums on time though.Too bad they can't return the favor.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 07:36:58 am »
I just saw this thread and it's heartbreaking. I'm glad to hear those two will pay for the choice they made though. I just don't get it sometimes. What would possess a person to do such a thing? My best to your previous employer. 
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline sleek

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 12:39:39 pm »
I really think the prison system here is screwed up. How does 15-20 years help the victim of the crime? The criminal should become a servant to the state, or victim, or insurance company, and spend that 15 plus years paying off his debt. Maybe after that they will be worth something with an idea if hard work, values, and appreciate accompmishment, and perhaps become a reformed citizen rather than a guy who just got out of prison. Of course, the real bad guys should rot, but most wpuld be better off spending their time being productive towards a goal.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 02:20:31 pm »
A 17 year old burned down a historical covered bridge in Madison county in Iowa lately too.For no reason.Just feeling onery.
BowEd
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 06:13:26 am »
I really think the prison system here is screwed up. How does 15-20 years help the victim of the crime? The criminal should become a servant to the state, or victim, or insurance company, and spend that 15 plus years paying off his debt. Maybe after that they will be worth something with an idea if hard work, values, and appreciate accompmishment, and perhaps become a reformed citizen rather than a guy who just got out of prison. Of course, the real bad guys should rot, but most wpuld be better off spending their time being productive towards a goal.

They do that up here now, we call them work crews. Problem is they aren't trustworthy and it requires a PILE of extra officers to supervise and watch them as they work in public places. Most states cant afford anymore offers or expenses. Four officers outside a prison can handle 6-8 inmates. Four officers inside the walls can handle a hundred of them, or so. 15 years of staring at a 6 x 8 will give a fella a lot of time to consider what he did and what he WILL do, someday. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 09:11:02 am »
How do you know the size of a prison cell Chris?  ;)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 09:11:45 am »
My dad, wife and step mom retired from the DOC :), smarty.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 11:54:02 am »
I just read this thread this morning.  A lot of  folks don't have a clue on how bad drugs can ruin others lives.  I know when I had case assigned to me I always hoped for two criminals because one can keep his mouth shut but two can't as what appears  to have happened in this case. Other business owners won't have to worry about these two thugs for a few years.  I agree, life in an 8 by 10 ain't  a bed of roses.

Too bad about fighting with the insurance company. Some of them are as criminal as the thugs that got put in jail.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 12:35:24 pm »
Same here from sponsoring other addicts here they know better and were'nt raised that way but the little irresponsible kid in them takes over.That's why good sound lock up time sometimes is the only way to get the point across to them.Some need to learn the hard way.While there they have every option to improve themselves with further education if so desired and adjustments of attitude.
As for the owners of the hardware store they did nothing to deserve what they got put to them.Except service to the public which is why things like this are so tragic and senseless.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 12:52:18 pm »
Real bummer!  At least they know the idiots will be out of circulation for a long time!  I try to use the small stores as much as possible, as well.  Really enjoy going into a place that seems to have everything and knows what " widget" goes on this "doodad".  If the place doesn't have or can't get, you probably don't need it or it isn't made anymore!   If those folks can rebuild, I will have an order ready for the grand reopening😀
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry