Author Topic: School program in IL  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
School program in IL
« on: May 03, 2017, 04:44:47 pm »
I got an email from someone in IL looking for donations.  They want to bring traditional bow shooting back to schools in their area.  Send me a PM if you are interested in helping
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: School program in IL
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:20:50 am »
I guess there's no one interested in this?

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 10:02:16 am »
A lot of people at Classic now. Pretty slow on here right now Marc. By donations are they meaning bows and arrows? $$ or help. I applaud the effort but not sure I have anything to offer. I'm trying to get some stuff together for our young 4-H group.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Red Arrow

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 11:09:25 am »
I don't mind helping out school programs but I'm not sure if I'd have anything to offer. Would it be sending bows, arrows, and gear directly to the school?

Ron, aka Red Arrow
Runnin' the Ridge
Racin' the Wind

Red Arrow, aka Ron

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 11:54:49 am »
All she mentioned was bows and arrows for 6 schools. 

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Patches

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:33:10 pm »
Have her check into the National Archery in Schools Program ( NASP) . The help fund shooting programs in the schools here in Missouri. I will see if I can find someone she can contact.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 09:31:59 am »
Marc, I've pursued the idea for my school and it led to two paths...

1.  The NASP program that can be funded through the state.  I had contact a representative associated with the Fish and Wildlife department that can help guide the way to organizing a program for the school.  My school doesn't have a lot of room for grounds so I hit a brick wall, but, most schools do.  The bows are not traditional but the discipline of shooting is there and they have a big national tournament, I think about this time of year, near where Twin Oaks is around Nashville TN, I believe.  It is the most organized way to go.

2.  Another high school in my county organized an archery club and students bring in their own equipment.  If this is the route that school is taking then I'm sure they can organize donations and set it up.  I continue to kick the idea around but, of course, it's got to be approved by the office.  I had archery in high school, myself.  And, fly casting.  Those were the days!
1’—>1’