Author Topic: 7th annual Creve Coeur Knap In Illinois  (Read 1716 times)

Offline bowmo

7th annual Creve Coeur Knap In Illinois
« on: June 27, 2017, 11:34:20 am »
Just want to remind everyone on here about the 7th annual Creve Coeur Knap In.

7th Annual Fort Crevecoeur Knap-In June 29th-July 1st
Fort Crevecoeur 301 Lawnridge Creve Coeur, IL 61610 (near Peoria) Last years event was great, due to the wonderful people that attended. There will be food and drinks available. We will also have a drawing for donated items. All native American and Abo crafts welcome. Knapping supply vendors very welcome. Camping and food vendors will be available.

Offline iowabow

Re: 7th annual Creve Coeur Knap In Illinois
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:15:06 pm »
I thought I was going to be able to go but can't. Hopefully I can go next year.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline oldsilver

• 856-261-5228
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 03:19:44 pm »
Hi, still new around here... does anyone know of any Knapp ins around southern NJ area? I need some on hand visuals and discussions. I can only glean so much from videos... but that being said, at least I have a decent idea of knappping from utube...
Is there any way to tell if a piece of keokuk was previousy heat treated? I have been prepping edges, setting up areas for reduction, and visually observing center masses. Still getting nasty step fractures.etc... tried copper, antler hammerstones...still stacking.Help me please before I wind up beating myself to a pulp , or bleeding to death. Soooo frustrating.
Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:43:51 pm »
Old silver, Not sure where you got your Kekouk from but most rock dealers  are selling heat treated materials, With out seeing your pc I,m just going to guess from my own experience in learning to knap. If your following a hump or ridge and not hitting into a concavity and your platform is center or below. You need to hit it harder to drive you flakes further and don't try and take to thick of flakes.  I remember the first time I got p----- O-- and got aggressive and got a real eye opener in my early knapping. I remember someone telling me to hit the damn thing. My flakes started to travel and my steps became less. Get to a knappin or set with someone with more experience if you can , sure helps to shorten the learning curve.  :-K :-K :KN Bob