Author Topic: Wanted to share this here.  (Read 2231 times)

Offline sleek

Wanted to share this here.
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:24:05 pm »
Many men lost their life. It wasnt given. They fought to keep it. The women and children, fathers and mothers, gave their loved ones to this nation. We were born of necessity, and of blood. Real blood.  Wet, red, sticky, hot. Tears of pain and loss of comrads. Grief of wives and children never to be loved again, or seen to grow into men and women themselves.

Today, we celebrate the results of such sacrifice. That of these people, their strife was not in vain. We have victory. As you watch your fireworks tonight, let these explosions represent the fight, the brilliant colors, represent the spirit of the greatest americans to have lived, the smoke and the ashes speak for themselves. As you leave the area, you leave free.

When you walk away, your back to depart, keep in your mind, this isnt just a party. Its a reminder of who we are and how we got here. When you wake up in the morning, it will be a memory, just as the men and woman of wars past have become. Today, the very day you read this, and every day after, have been given to you by the brave. They did it for this nation. Its often said, but rarely does it sink in, what this nation is, that this nation is us. It is you, it is me. Make it worth it, as we may never be worthy. Dont waste it. Don't forget it. And always, pass it on.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Wanted to share this here.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:14:40 pm »
I would encourage everyone to purchase and read a copy of the only personal account of the Revolutionary War by an enlisted soldier, "A Narrative of a Revolutionary Soldier: Some of the Adventures, Dangers and Sufferings of Joseph Plumb Martin. "

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:22:39 am »
Well said Sleek. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:16:14 pm »
X2, Pappy.  Freedom isn't free, and the quest continues.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »
Every day should be the Fourth of July, Veterans Day and Memorial Day. A big Thanks to all who made this country free and continue to do so.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:11:10 pm »
Sleek That should be etched on placards and placed in the door way of every building
and place of education in this country.  :) You rock dude.
Do you own those words and can I share them with others. Bravo
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline sleek

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 10:11:21 pm »
Thank you for the compliments. Yes they are mine, and use them all you want. Its a free country ;) long as the brave are alive...

Offline Emennis

• "In the long run, you only hit what you aim at"HT
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 02:24:12 pm »
As a veteran myself, I thank you, you made me tear up reading this  :'( :)
The thing about archery is that everyone can do it and everyone can have a good day at it. You don't have to be an expert.

Tom Barker

Offline sleek

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 04:11:55 pm »
You are welcome.  Unfortunately,  powerful words often affect those the most, who need them the least.  Thank you for your service and devotion to country.

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 12:16:35 pm »
Sorry to be a few days late to respond but I wanted to let you know that was very powerful and well stated! Thank you and all of those you refer to.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 09:49:15 pm »
Sorry to be a few days late to respond but I wanted to let you know that was very powerful and well stated! Thank you and all of those you refer to.
X2  Please go to a vet hospital, play a game of checkers, hold a hand. Help some dude write a letter.
Nothing better.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.