Author Topic: Got a Garden? Let's see it  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Got a Garden? Let's see it
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 09:38:05 am »
Morning hike out to the veg garden.

Some green peppers will be ready for picking when Carol gets home.

We are gonna have sooooo many tomatoes.

Let 'em go to seed ... again. DANG!

No reason to let perfectly worn out motorbike tire go to waste! Buddy understands significance of background.

Carol has tomatoes growing in the veg garden, in pots, in flower garden, etc.. Basically, everywhere.

Calla Lilies doing well this year.

There's potted flowers all over the deck and patio.

Gardening is activity Carol and I share interest in. So we keep working at it a bit each year. The pictures you fellas have posted are incentive for us to keep at it.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 05:52:18 pm »
Pulled everything up in my garden. It's too hot to grow anything and I've already picked the blueberries, peaches, collards swiss chard, tomatoes, chiles, green beans and zuchinni. Also yanked the Chaote up, have enough to last me till next year. And it got too hot for my oyster mushrooms, too. I'll wait a few months then replant tomatoes, collards, green beans and corn. Just picked a bunch of black berrys and Conquistidor wine grapes and waiting for the Muscadine grapes that I'll pick in September. picking pineapples daily and the lemon and papaya trees are loaded.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 08:46:13 am »
Mike....What a nice raised garden.Goes to show what enough care & moisture will do.You got your composter there I see too.Robin here is into orchids.African violets,and voodoo lillies too.Close to 300 of then I'd say.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 01:12:17 pm »
After I took out my corn patch I decided to plant a couple of rows of okra so I could pickle some later in the year. I had a real nice stand yesterday but a rabbit or a deer made a pass through the garden last night and got most of my small okra plants. So much for pickled okra.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »
Mike....You got your composter there I see ...

The kids got me the rotating composter last year for me birthday. Carol has been wanting one for years. Actually, I have continued my compost pile which is out of camera range.
I prefer the pile because stuff turns to black gold faster. Though it does require more work.

Eric, what a SHAME!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 07:42:06 pm »
You guys are making me jealous. I don't have enough sun to do a vegetable garden. Thought about clearing out some trees in one spot that's got potential.  )W(
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Zuma

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 08:53:22 pm »
Well I've been as busy as a one arm flintknapper. :KN  But doing other things.
I can't help myself. I keep going back over the thread not so much to see the
 vegies and fruits, but the amazing artistry and color you all have shared here.
 Upstate you will find a way.
Perhaps the roof >:D like they do downstate. ;)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 07:57:00 am »
Didn't bother planting a garden this year, just too wet and cold up her this year and we're only now starting to get consistent temps above 70 with Sun.  I was going to try planting something in July but changed my mind
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Zuma

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »
Didn't bother planting a garden this year, just too wet and cold up her this year and we're only now starting to get consistent temps above 70 with Sun.  I was going to try planting something in July but changed my mind
Geez that's to bad Marc. If you can pay airmail freight I will send you some fruit and veggies.
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 05:57:12 pm »
Some still growin
Zuma

Stringman

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 06:37:24 pm »
Checked the corn last night and it was ready for first picking. Went out this morning and coons took their share. Missed it by 12 hrs...  :-[

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
I feel your pain Scott, this happend to my corn patch a couple of years ago, I trapped 9 coons but decided to use an electric fence in the future, no more coon damage.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 07:18:17 pm »
I only have 6 plants out myself. 4 Hungarian wax peppers and 2 chocolate Moruga scorpions. I had many more started but I killed ended up killing them early on. Otherwise I would have a few Peter peppers too. But they're starting to produce with nothing quite harvestable yet. It's looking like I'll have a good harvest of wax and scorpion peppers this year. The plants are loaded with dozens of little fruits like this one.

Kyle

Offline Zuma

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 07:46:01 pm »
if I have time I will put recipe on Cooking

Stringman

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 08:31:22 am »
All that was left of my corn..
https://i.imgur.com/nRaUfNA.jpg

(tryin out imgur. Anyone know how to make this right?)