Author Topic: Old largemouth  (Read 1754 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Old largemouth
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:33:34 pm »
Kind of a weird looking pic but I went out with a dozen worms and a couple of rods towards the end of the day here.Caught this one twice so I had Robin take a pic of it.I took it back to the pond to keep my bluegill population down.I suppose he's 4 or 5 pounds I don't know.This summer I've caught either him or his mate at least 6 or 8 times.Each time turning them back into the pond.Behind me you can't see but there's over half a pale of solid blue gills for me to clean too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Old largemouth
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 07:46:43 am »
Nice healthy looking fish you got there Ed.....Yes they sure do help the gill population.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 08:51:56 am »
Yes sir Ed that bass oughta serve you well.  )P(
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 09:27:06 am »
I reeled that fish in twice attached to a bluegill I was reeling in too yet.When he let go of the bluegill it was dead as a stone.He finally screwed up and inhaled a 1/2" piece of night crawler.Our ponds here are so low from the dry summer I'm afraid there might be a freeze kill this winter.The pond I was fishing is only 1/4 acre maybe 11 to 12 feet deep normal.I'd say it's only 8 or 9 feet now holding only maybe 250 to 300 fish.
BowEd
Ed

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 07:45:52 pm »
Nice looking bass.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 08:51:17 pm »
That's a fat old bass. 

That's kind of a spooky looking picture.  You got a crazy look in your eyes and the dark clouds in the background   :o  :o
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 08:57:36 pm »
I don't like taking pictures of myself....lol.I had to quit fishing.Ran out of bait.Did manage to get close to 5#'s of bluegill fillets though from a dozen night crawlers.
I forgot to mention before I got that paticular bass in another one went right through my 15# test braided spider wire string.The drag was set good too I thought but apparently not light enough.
That paticular largemouth is around 2.5 to 3 years old.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:01:46 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
Ed