Author Topic: Austin area bowyers?  (Read 1311 times)

Offline HorseApples

Austin area bowyers?
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:24:37 pm »
I was just curious if there are any members of the forum from the Central TX area that meet up with any regularity and if I could join?

I am new to this and working on my 2nd bow. It takes me forever and a day and while I enjoy every step of the process I spend most of my time figuring, second-guessing, re-figuring, second guessing some more, etc etc.

I have only posted a couple of times but the advice given was a huge help. I almost gave up on my first attempt until I asked a few questions here. Now I am hoping to salvage that one and I also have a stave I am beginning on that presents some challenges.  As awesome as this forum is, it would be a great help to me to have another set of eyes on it in person.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: Austin area bowyers?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:06:18 pm »
I'm in Boerne. Be glad to have you over.

Just a warning, I too spend a lot of time figuring and refiguring, but I can finish one now and then.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:31:47 pm by SLIMBOB »
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:03:44 pm »
Come to my house the third weekend of October. You will get what you want. There will be several different bowyers along with a three day camp out 3D shoot and music around a campfire. All for under a hundred dollars. Live auction. Hundred Dollar bill shoot. Hit it you get it. It's a pretty good homecoming- party. Pm me if you have questions. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline HorseApples

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 03:23:22 pm »
Thanks guys! I am interested in both.  I'll send you both PMs