Author Topic: Christmas Trade Work  (Read 27243 times)

Offline jeffp51

Re: Christmas Trade Work
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2017, 06:09:35 pm »
Just wondering what you all would prefer...

An elm molly or a mulberry static?

Mullberry static.  No question.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2017, 06:49:06 pm »
They both sound great Upstate. I might go for the Elm Mollie  but sure wouldn't be upset with a Mulberry Static either.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2017, 02:51:31 pm »
That fox looks real nice Kyle. And mulberry static would be a nice addition haha. Cheers- Brendan

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2017, 09:26:45 pm »
Most any self bow would be great, and add to the rack!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2017, 08:09:01 pm »
We can start shipping Fri.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2017, 09:14:17 pm »
I may have to ship tomorrow. I'll tell them not to deliver til the 15th.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2017, 06:12:51 am »
Ooops. I must have forgotten or not read the shipping rule. Sorry for the early shipment Rob. I was just wrapping up obligations while I had the free time.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2017, 11:04:20 am »
No problem Chris.
Mine should be going out next week I hope he likes it I made some stuff in the forge for cooking over a fire.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2017, 11:33:49 am »
I sent mine out today. Scheduled deliver date is Monday, 12/18. heading kinda north of here.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »
I'm smoking the hide now. So it'll be good to start stitching soon.im hoping to be ready in about a week or so. This may not be the best smoking method. But I haven't had much issue with the loose smoke around then hide staining the fur a noticeable amount. Then I want to make some verdegris fletching glue to go with it, using WillS' recipe. I've come to like it. Very easy to make, heat and apply. And seems to hold the fletching on well, even when the binding starts to wear. I may come up wth a few more things to throw in. Any objections to throwing in a raw fur to tan on your own method? It'll be fleshed and dried. It'll be a muskrat that you can tannup and make into a bunch of silencers, or whatever you want. Maybe some random odds and ends will be in there too.

Kyle

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2017, 12:52:34 am »
I got a half dozen shafts spined and sanded with self nocks tonight.  I have been straightening them for a while now.  Tomorrow cresting and finishing tomorrow, I hope.

I hope my victim will like a matched set of arrows.  I figure everyone needs arrows, and since I don't have an abundance of other options (I haven't trapped any foxes lately), it is one of the things I feel I can make that will be appreciated.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2017, 10:41:44 am »
I have no problem at all with a set of arrows. I'd like it since I always put off making arrows.
I got the quiver all stitched up and just gotta put in a sling and itll be done. You might want to add a stiffening rod, but I'll let you decide if it's necessary or not. Plus I can fit it in the box better without it. Then I'll make up a jar of fletching glue.
While I was already stitching, I went ahead and patched up my coon quiver. The belly tore at a loop when I pulled on it and the skin didn't slide on the shoulder. A quick stitch job and good as new. I'm glad to go the 4-5 years without any tears or anything from it before the first path job.

Kyle

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2017, 10:52:37 am »
And next to the coon quiver I've packed a few years now.

Kyle

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2017, 05:50:17 pm »
My package(s) went west this afternoon, eta is Friday or Saturday!  Hope it is well received! Nollag seo na!  It went somewhere east of San Francisco >:D.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:41 am »
Here is a sneak peak at my gift.  It will be going  out by Friday.