Author Topic: Tennessee Classic  (Read 34752 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Tennessee Classic
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 03:24:04 pm »
I've been missing out...forgot about this string. There are too many Classic side discussions for me to keep track of. ;D

I've got an 8 person Cabela's dome tent that should comfortably sleep 4-5 with some gear I would guess. Had it for a while, but barely used. Yall are welcome to it if it would come in handy and save some room on your packing. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 06:40:43 am »
I hope Grant is getting all of this.We may have to use both sides of the road. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 03:17:23 pm »
Mighty quiet lately...you guys get everything figured out? :)
Greg

Offline Little John

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2008, 02:42:36 pm »
Yep Greg, mighty quiet lately. I reckon every one must be counting the days and making arrows. Me, I am just trying to catch up on honey do's so I will get to come. Oh do you have a place for flight shooting, I know those eastern states are so over grown makes a man feel claustrophobic. Any way about the first thing I like to do with a new bow is to judge it's performance by seeing how far it will shoot.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 07:45:54 pm »
 I have'nt said much. Just got home Thursday night and been hunting turkey's and hogs all weekend. Dang, I have a good wife.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Little John

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »
Eddie, how was the hunt, we need details.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 09:13:58 pm »
  Kenneth, I got another Osceola and 2 more hogs. The turkey was big for an Osceola, 21#, nice hooks and a 10 1/4" beard. I had to crawl up on him while he was strutting with hens. Got him with the 'Nellie at 23 yards. Got the pigs with the pistol.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Little John

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2008, 11:32:29 pm »
Sounds like a good trip. What is the Nellie?  Kenneth

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:38 am »
Kenneth, we've got a long field that our practice butts are in...might could take a few shots there but would have to time it when nothing else was going on. We have what we call "Novelties", like a running deer that are also set up in that field.

Congrats on your successful hunt Eddie!
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 09:33:35 am »
Congrats on the hunt,I need to get down there sometime and hunt some hogs with you. :)
Kenneth we have the area Greg talked about or If you just want to try it out I will ride you down to the far end for a little shooting where there ant anything going on.Not many wide open spaces on my farm. ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 09:39:56 am »
Oh that is ok Greg and Pappy,just fun to let one fly and then to step it off. We have lots of places to check a bows cast when I get home.   Kenneth

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 09:48:36 am »

Kenneth, just mount an altimeter to the end of the arrow instead of a field point and shoot straight up! ;D
Greg

Offline Little John

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 10:14:31 pm »
There you goGreg, when I was a kid I used to shoot straight up and see how close I could make the arrow land to me with out running. Still do sometimes, must be the kid still in me. Some times just for grins I will flight shoot one from the side of a mountain just to see how far it will go, or as a salute to old friends gone.  Kenneth

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 11:38:29 pm »
What a bunch of juveniles.  ;D I once shot one off the rim of the Grand Canyon.  It looks like the river is straight down, but the arrow didn't make it to the river. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Little John

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2008, 12:00:50 am »
I bet it still went out of sightJustin, havent heard you talking about the classic this year, probably too far for two years in a row. Sure would be nice to meet you some day, maybe next year or on a hunt, still like to make it for those hogs some day.     Kenneth