Author Topic: Harp  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Harp
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 03:57:31 am »
I know nothing about Harps but that look likes very nice work to me.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Newindian

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 09:49:50 am »
Question from an Old Guitar player - how are those Harps to tune ? Bob
Takes a bit of time and a quiet spot, since this one is new it’s still settling a lot so it doesn’t hold too well yet, They bending/pressure the strings put on the neck and soundboard  is noticeable in tuning, but unless several or more strings are off by a note or so it’s not a big deal
I like free stuff.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 11:13:23 am »
For us old guys who can't hear, just hook up the electronic tuner and gently turn the key until the string is in tune.  One string, one note!  Adding levers allows you to sharpen that string.

Newindian, I will be glad to make some copies of some of the music I have and mail them out to you.  But I like original music, too.  What I have is mostly Celtic and traditional, with some folk songs mixed in.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Newindian

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 07:54:07 pm »
For us old guys who can't hear, just hook up the electronic tuner and gently turn the key until the string is in tune.  One string, one note!  Adding levers allows you to sharpen that string.

Newindian, I will be glad to make some copies of some of the music I have and mail them out to you.  But I like original music, too.  What I have is mostly Celtic and traditional, with some folk songs mixed in.
Hawkdancer
I’d appreciate it but I can’t read music
I like free stuff.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »
Looks pretty good.  Your sound box looks like it might have been a bit hard to make.  What did you use for the soundboard?  One thing about a new harp is the strings will stretch for quite a while before they settle in
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Newindian

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 12:25:04 am »
The sound board is some cheap veneered three ply I got from homedepot years ago. I’d made two tapered sound boards a while back, one Douglas fir the other sika spruce, for other harps but we had some dry air  move in right after some wet weather and they cracked up all to hell, glue lines and the boards themselves.
I like free stuff.