Author Topic: Life is Good (Up in The Northwest)  (Read 68821 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is Good (Up in The Northwest)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 11:58:02 pm »
Keenan, Dave! I sure as heck was wondering for the first 100 miles why when I turned on the heater in the car it sure smelled SWEET!!!  :o  Took a real cute waitress at the local coffee shop in Bend to point out that I had three cow patties sticking out the front of my car. I was starting to worry why the waitress kept gigling as they passed my table!!  ;D (I knew it had to be you two!)  Just you wait till next year!!!  >:D

Great time guys! Cant wait till we can all get together again and practice our skills.  If you ever get to meet Keenan and Juniper Junkie dont miss that chance. Great bunch of guys! (But, watch out for them when there are cow patties arround!  ;D )

If anyone can get to this event some time it is a hoot! Mick another great knapper and Holly his wife showed up just as we were all leaving. He even brought his bagpipes! Can you imagine waking up in the morning to "Amaizing Grace" piped out over the desert as the sun rises? Yep! Thats Mick!   ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 01:10:06 am »
you're just lucky your car was locked! >:D >:D it would have took you a while to find it with all that rock and stuff you had in there. ;D I had a great time and will look forward to next year. be sure and not let those folks down south know how much rock you got before the classic, they may expect you to bring some down. so it will just be our little secret ;) was able to get a good nights sleep and not listen to Keenans snoring :D. sorry I had to cut it short a day, but work had to get done.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 01:42:37 am »
 Hey David, Glad ya made it home ok. JJ and I were chuckling all the way home but you should have seen the look on his face when I told him that I screwed up and left our big blade at the camp site. :D >:D But i couldn't keep a straight face very long. ::)
  David you made my wifes year with all that soap you gave us. She's still smelling the different types and says I can go again next year if ya bring some more down ;D ;D ;D However I know her well and Im sure she'll be on your site ordering more.
  JJ cant say enough about how much fun that was. Guys if you ever get a chance to go 4 wheeling with JJ through the snow and over the hills just keep in mind how many projectals are behind the seat. ;D Oh ya for the record I only snor if I get on my back but they both snore at random, :P     Keenan

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 02:28:12 am »
Nu-Uhn! Keenan we know better! You were just wakin yourself up!!!  ;D

Glad she liked the soap. Now I just need to get her hooked on the lotions! Ooooh! The pocket book is goin ta be hurtin!!!  >:D ;D >:D Seriously though, I would have  just given it to you both for free. But I sure love those syringa shafts Dave gave me and that wonderfull Elm stave and boo backing Keenan! Thanks! Made my vacation!  ;D  Tell your wife that I will have a bunch more ready for next years event. (Its all set now. You have the excuse to be out there next year!)

Wish I could have seen Dave's face when ya pulled that one on him! The expresion on his face must have been pricless!  :o ;D

Four weeling was a bunch of fun in the Bronco! Keenan, you missed see that heard of Mule deer when JJ and I went out the second time on Saturday and you went out stump shooting. Must have been somethin arround 14-20 deer all together moving through the Sage and Juniper.  We just could not bring ourselves to mention it to you when you told us you where busted while bunny busting.  ;)

Now riding in the front seat of Daves Bronco may be dangerous with all those projecile points but you should have tried sitting on top of them while we bounced over the Buttes! Still pulling fragments of obsidian out of me bum!  :'( (Nah! no fragments but it was exciting!!!)

What a great time! I cant wait to get the pictures off my cell phone and post them on the web!

David T

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 10:00:01 am »
Thanks for sharing guys! That was definitely an event worthy of a "Life is Good" thread. You guys had it goin' on for sure!

Love that Tee pee!

Greg
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 01:17:06 pm »
 Greg it's us who owe the thanks to all you southern boys.All the post of the good times and stuff going on down there have inspired us to do more stuff together.
 I'm really looking forward to Gordons rendavous coming up in june and maybe some of his gang will post up some of the fun. JJ and I are trying to put one together here in Central Oregon as well and we will try to add more to this thread of the weekly stuff.
  Gordon and Gang this is a challenge for you boys to step up and share your excursions as well.
 Brian M. how about some of you and your group up north?     Keenan

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 02:39:16 pm »
Keenan, you mean that there are others like me up North here? ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 11:01:23 pm »
 David Not sure there are any like you anywhere ;D ;D ;D Soory bud I couldn't resist walking through a door that wide open. >:D >:D >:D   Not everyone drives around with cow manure stuck in their grill ;D  Keenan

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 11:35:14 pm »
Looks like a good time Keenan.  I have seen a lot of farmers with bull guacamole in the bed of their truck and even on the sides of the bed. I have never seen anyone with it tied to their grill though.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 02:01:34 am »
Wasnt tied. Friction fit!  You should have seen what they did to that poor cow to get it ta put it where they wanted.  :o

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 09:48:57 am »
Keenan, Pappy is the one who deserves the credit for our "Life is Good" thread. He religiously takes the pictures during the weekend or instructs me or someone else too! ;)  All the pictures of me would only inspire one to eat more it seems. ;D

Great idea for others to post their "Life is Good" excursions!

Greg
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 02:19:30 pm »
 ;D thats good Greg ;)  You guys really are an inspiration. Hopefully it catches on up here and we can do as well as you all have ;)  Keenan

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »
I'm with you on this Keenan! Hope we can start something and keep it going.

Offline Little John

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 01:55:08 am »
Awsome, life really is good. David will see you at the classic. J.J. and Keenan hope to meetr you both in person also some day. David are you flying to Tenn. and what is your ittenitary if so. I arrive about ten Thursday night and leave Sunday evening about six something. Not likely but thought there might be a chance to share a car if we happened to arrive and leave about the same time.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Allen7

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 03:12:45 am »
I love being in the Northwest.   I had a really good time meeting ya'll.   I'll try to not be such a stranger.  I love making primitive archery stuff, but my main focus is horseback archery.  I have already knapped some nice points from materials brought back, including a nice 2 1/2 inch golden sheen point and a 3 1/2 inch golden sheen preform.    I'll try and put some photos on here, if I can figure it out.  Here is the gold sheen point made out of the rock given to me - I didn't find any gold sheen myself.   Also a photo of some of the preforms I made.

Allen Minton

[attachment deleted by admin]