Author Topic: Life is Good (Up in The Northwest)  (Read 68808 times)

Offline Allen7

Re: Life is Good (Up in The Northwest)
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 03:43:01 am »
Sorry Guys about the large photos on last post.  I am kinda new to this.  Next photos will be smaller.  Here are some new points I have made from the Glass Buttes trip.  The two large ones on left were made at camp.  The 4 1/2 inch mahogany point is going on my next Atlatl dart.    The others were made in the evenings at home this week.   Some will be hafted onto my primitive arrows with pine pitch, sinew, and hide glue.   Also, I have attached a photo of my favorite horse and I doing our thing - flinging arrows while galloping along.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Little John

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 03:52:31 am »
Hey Allen, nice stuff and horse. I am also into mounted archery, reining, and of course primitive archery. Nice horse and good looking form. Will try to get some pics up soon as we just got opur areana plowed today.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 09:11:07 am »
Great looking points! Who's chasing you on the horse...looks like you're shooting behind you. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:57 am »
 ;D ;D Thats what I'm talking about. Real nice pics Allen. Like LJ said that is real nice form on the horse. Heck thats better form then I have on solid ground :D  Those points look great, and that gold sheen really shows up well. I've been hard at it on the steel fab in the shop so haven't been able to play with the wood or rocks so far this week. Maybe tonight I'll nock off early and play a little.
 My wife is starting to wonder when we can take the mamoth mascot blade off the dinning room table, ??? ;D  Wonder what she'll say when I get the display case done, >:D Keenan

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 12:39:27 pm »
nice points Allen. I like the horseback pic, would like to try it sometime. hey Keenan, she shoulld be happy you finally took the blade out of your bed ;D remember "baby steps" soon it will make it to your computer desk and maybe even end up on a shelf...just give yourself some time :D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 01:03:09 pm »
  ;D Don't push me JJ. I'm still in the honeymoon stage ;D  You can sleep with it next week >:D ;D    Keenan

Offline DanaM

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 01:14:52 pm »
So whats her name keenan ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 01:24:12 pm »
 ;D   ??? ??? Still getting to know each other Dana, She definately has some rough edges ::) and at times things are a little rocky >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 01:32:34 pm »
Very cool,love seeing what yall are doing in other parts of the country.Maybe get GreB on a horse some day and get some pictures of that.  ;D ;D ;D By the way very nice points nice job on them. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 01:39:59 pm »
Bet her wit is very sharp ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 05:14:22 pm »
Awsome, life really is good. David will see you at the classic. J.J. and Keenan hope to meetr you both in person also some day. David are you flying to Tenn. and what is your ittenitary if so. I arrive about ten Thursday night and leave Sunday evening about six something. Not likely but thought there might be a chance to share a car if we happened to arrive and leave about the same time.    Kenneth

I will be arriving on the morning or the 27th and flying back on May 5th. Might be able to head back with ya on the 4th in the evenning? Kinda depends on what time you have to be at the airport. I will look at my schedule a bit more and let you know the precise times and stuff.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Allen7

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 05:58:33 pm »
I've been knapping like crazy since I got home.  It's great having a bunch of obsidian again.  Keenan - The triangular point with basal notches in the lower right corner of my photo is from the same rock as your "mascot".   I had picked up some of the little leftover flakes off the ground.   Hey Little John; wish we could get together and do some horseback archery practice.   I get a little tired of practicing by myself.

Allen Minton

Offline Keenan

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 10:25:50 pm »
 Right on Allen  ;) Maybe we can napp a whole family out of that rock ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 10:45:17 pm »
Go for it Allen! Your a much better knapper than you let on. That stuff is great!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 11:33:20 pm »
Bet her wit is very sharp ;D
trust me!....you dont want to incourage him, he will never stop. ;D By the way, I dont think Keenan told everyone about the incredible spall he knocked out. ...at least not EVERYONE, just the ones at the buttes, and not just once either. :D he had it on top of my camp box displayed like a trophy, but he was afraid to work on it for fear of maybe breaking it :-\ maybe he will share a pic of it. one thing about Keenans new love is she will always get right to the point! :D (sorry, couldnt help myself)