Author Topic: Braided Dyneema  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Braided Dyneema
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:54:04 am »
I was surfing the big auction site for string a month ago when I came across this being auctioned off

Price was good and I thought I could make use of it so I bid on it, turns out nobody else was interested.  Took awhile to get here, it was located in China.  It's 20' long, almost 1/4" in diameter and rated at 2.5 tons break strength, works for me.  The pull rope on my old firewood hauling snow machine is getting pretty worn and I figure it's not likely to break if I replace it with this plus it will last forever.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Zuma

Re: Braided Dyneema
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:10:33 am »
Now that's novel. Bidding a auction in China and getting what you bid for at a good price.
Not to mention shipping. Ups and FedX screw up all my local stuff LOL
I hope it's not toxic like all the kids toys they sent over here.
I am sure you will put it to good use.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 11:40:24 am »
That stuff is incredibly strong. My brother in law bought a large roll of Amsteel Blue, 3/16". I believe its around #1200 break strength. We hang our hammocks with it. He made me an adjustable tiller string with it that will last my lifetime, with zero maintenance.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:07:08 pm »
They are using it for winch cables now.  I've browsed some of it on the big auction site.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »
Does any one know the material make -up? Nylon?
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.