Author Topic: Shooters opinion? Feel of fiberglass backing on both sides of bow limbs vs just  (Read 1213 times)

Offline jaybirdjones

I'm planning a recurve bow build of hard maple and was wanting an opinion on if I should put fiberglass backing on both sides of the limbs or just on the back. I m steambox bending the limbs and was wondering on a hunters opinionf there was a significant difference in feel or power :)

Offline jeffp51

you are in the wrong place to find an answer to that question.  The big governing rule of this site is that fiberglass is considered a swearword here.  only natural materials--except for strings and glue.

Offline pnwarcher

PM sent -- lest I use the "F word" in public  >:D

Offline jaybirdjones

Thank you very much for the PM pnwarcher. uuumm....yeah .. SINEW! ... RAWHIDE!! I only use the eyeball skins of rare Egyptian sand eels.. best in the world!!

Offline JWMALONE

I joined this sight so I wouldn't have to hear the F word. LOL
Red Oak its the gateway wood!

Offline vinemaplebows

Thank you very much for the PM pnwarcher. uuumm....yeah .. SINEW! ... RAWHIDE!! I only use the eyeball skins of rare Egyptian sand eels.. best in the world!!

It was close, but he slid into home unscathed.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline jeffp51

Welcome to PA, by the way.

Offline Hawkdancer

+2, on the welcome!  With your sense of humor, you'll fit in well!  There's guys have a wealth of knowledge(and a few differing opinions)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry