Author Topic: 1st Annual Mojam Broadhead Flightshoot  (Read 13072 times)

Offline willie

Re: 1st Annual Mojam Broadhead Flightshoot
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2018, 09:31:39 am »
for fun and to learn something.

Have a way to include everyone who shows up to shoot, keep as good a record as you can on every shot, have a "what would you like to see next time" question on everyone's form, keep an open mind and see which way the wind blows after its over.

I'm with Ed... let the fun begin!    (SH)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2018, 10:35:31 am »
for fun and to learn something.

Have a way to include everyone who shows up to shoot, keep as good a record as you can on every shot, have a "what would you like to see next time" question on everyone's form, keep an open mind and see which way the wind blows after its over.

I'm with Ed... let the fun begin!    (SH)

Good idea Willie,  at the muzzleloading matches here, we have a whiteboard with each shooters results posted according to the matches (targets) they shot. In order of registration,  everybody gets to see how and what they are doing.  The scoring table gets a bit hairy at times, but every one gets to see their scores rather quickly.  Looking forward to the whole shindig! (SH) :BB (f) :KN (=)!!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2018, 03:48:36 pm »
In order to keep steve happy and involved, i think its best to leave the shoot he has organized alone. I see what he is doing and it makes sense. I think that what we are doing can add on to it, but not change anything he is doing.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline willie

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2018, 04:42:24 pm »
As I understand it, the flightline will be open for a couple of hours each day. I hope that it would be open to all who want to shoot. if your bow or arrow does not qualify for the 10gpp @28 competion and trophy, you should still have a chance to get your results recorded for the purpose of collecting stats. Having these stats down the road, may help the event in the future. It will also let everyone have a chance to compare their own set up to others in a meaningful way as being part of a common database, something that Tim was hoping to peruse also. 

Not trying to change Steves plan for the planned Competion.  Just widening the window for the database that was a dual purpose all along.   

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2018, 02:37:18 pm »
There you go Willie! Bring your bows and have fun.and yes that additional data will be helpful down the road. I am pretty sure anyone that can be a threat to the competition can build a bow between now and that shoot of any design. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Badger

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2018, 02:57:10 pm »
  Willie, you can draw shorter than 28" just not longer and you can also use more than 10 grains per pound just not less. We will also have arrows available to match up with your bow.