Author Topic: Elm Hall 2018  (Read 33560 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall 2018
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:54 am »
Thanks for posting pics, BJ. Feels good to see them and you guys with smiles.

Billy boy and I will be back one day, I can promise you that.

Pauly stopped at the house for coffee early Sunday morning on his way home (well out of his way)  and before I left back for the hospital. Again, a breath of fresh air for me. I love the guy and getting to spend an hour with him felt great and inspired me for the day. He has a way of making me relax a little and of course smile.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2018, 05:49:05 am »
When we got to the deer across the river Paul told me they usually had a kid that would get your arrows. He said he wasn't going to shoot but it was a fun target. I told him I was going to shoot one for Bill. I shoot my arrow and just as I was guessing the water was about a inch over my boots. After I got across I told Paul he had to take a shoot. I should have left his arrow and took mine.lol I retrieved them both. He didn't give me a dollar, but he did buy me a breakfast.
Bjrogg
PS Pearl was glad Paul went to see you. I know you two are really close. We all missed you a lot. I've got more pictures but out of time for now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:02:31 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2018, 06:53:44 am »
Sorry I missed you Pearl, got to see several, as usual it was a good time. I will post a few pictures in a few days when I catch up around home.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2018, 10:13:42 am »
Nice shot, Paully!
Your telling of your experiences at Elm Hall, 2018, does seem to have left out your most suspenseful episode . . . just sayin'.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:19:13 am by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2018, 11:10:57 am »
Yes as Knoll mentioned there where a few tense hours. When Paul and I got back from shooting the course he realized he was missing his wallet. Everyone helped look and finally Paul just decided to forget about it and drink a beer. We where all setting around when he found it. That I sure was a huge relief.   
While we were sitting around Paul showed Knoll a bow he finished. I forget the poundage but Knoll jokingly said oh just right for me. Paul told Mike to flip it over and he noticed it was made for him.
Here's Knoll shooting his new bow.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2018, 11:21:55 am »
Having just had his fastest bow he ever made blow up at the hands of Greg aka Badly Bent ,Paul decided to have myself and Greg give his donation bow a work out. I really liked it. Wasn't really fancy to look at but has some beautiful bends and was smooth as butter. Just perfect draw weight and it felt great in my hand. I don't know where it comes in as far as speed goes but it certainly is a thumper. I know it faster than the fastest bow he ever made.
Bjrogg
Here's fastest then Greg giving her a try

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2018, 11:30:32 am »
It's also mine. Paul thought I spent to much on it. I don't think so. Bought $20 worth of tickets so I split them between Paul's bow and Ryan R's. I put a couple on Greg's but I already have a nice Badly Bent raffle bow. Thanks for donating them guys.
Bjrogg

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2018, 11:58:45 am »
I got him good last night, Jon. Greg's grandson was asking Mike to go shoot, I said, "Hey Nater tater, you going shooting with grandpa Mike?". Even Carol gave a grin :).

I understand Nate got me REAL good Saturday as we were waiting in line for the "feast".
It was quite sunny and we had been standing in line for a bit. Then the announcement came that all was ready to begin the eating. Announcer was also thoughtful enough to say, "And if there's anyone 80+ yrs old who would like to move to front of line, now's the time to do so."

Nate turns to Greg (his grandpa), "Gee, in couple years Mr Mike will be able to go to head of line!!"   ::)

KIDS!! ::)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:01:54 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2018, 12:08:30 pm »
While we were sitting around Paul showed Knoll a bow he finished. I forget the poundage but Knoll jokingly said oh just right for me. Paul told Mike to flip it over and he noticed it was made for him.

What a fab-shooting stick it is!

Paul posted this bow a week or so ago and I was eager to see it at Elm Hall. Little did I know that it would be in car with us as we left another fun Elm Hall week.

Thank you, once again, Paul Semp!

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2018, 01:36:37 pm »
Man i sure regret leavin friday.. congrats Mike on that Pauly bow, hope to have one myself someday. Thanx to Greg, Sharon and Nate for bein awesome camp buddies. Spent one night sippin adult beverages with Ryan and Greg. 3 days 2 nights goes by way to fast
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2018, 03:17:28 pm »
Sure wish you could have stayed longer to Stix. It sure does go to fast. I'm sure glad I got a little more time to spend there and Greg & Sharon are awesome camp buddies. My cooler went home almost as full as it left. They we're always feeding me.

After Paul found his wallet and Knoll got his new bow. Greg, Paul, Knoll and I shoot the east course. It was getting pretty warm and you didn't want to stand in the sun, but it was ok in the shade.
Here's some pictures on the course.
Bjrogg

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2018, 03:45:12 pm »
Looks like a nice relaxing time shooting with friends in great weather.A nice well laid out course too.I always like those peek-a-boo type shots at the target.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2018, 03:53:33 pm »
Cool image, Brian!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2018, 04:59:36 pm »
Thanks Knoll, I like that one to. I think that's about all I got now. I need to take some more.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2018, 05:28:47 pm »
The courses they set up are my favorite anywhere I shoot. Very realistic and fun. That gravel bar shot is always a fun one, especially if its 90.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.