Author Topic: Part of my Stave Stash  (Read 3294 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Part of my Stave Stash
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 06:31:56 am »
I still can't believe how many I go through during the winter when I get some time. Weylin if you go at this as a job to make a living from you'll probably cruise through that pile in a few years. Especially if you start teaching others. Good Luck in your future. Regardless that's a beautiful stash of staves. I know you'll do right by them.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:10 am »
When I croak my stave pile will go to my best students, who like me, "caught the bow making bug".

Offline stickbowbeard

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 10:09:42 am »
Well, I'm a little jealous.  I have always worked through bows as fast as I could get staves, but I have just found some nice properties where I have permission to cut pretty much all the good bow-making trees I want, so I'm starting now to finally build a stash.  One of those properties (~50 acres) will be forcibly "purchased" by the county in 2020, so I plan to work with the current owner to relieve the property of as much bow wood as possible before then.  He loves the idea of his trees going to such a worthy cause. A lot of nice strait Ash, Sweet Gum, Elm, Hickory, Mulberry, and others I haven't even figure out yet.  Some day, maybe I'll feel rich also. 

Offline bookworm

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 10:19:25 am »
I'd call that a good start. (lol) You'll make some nice ones out of all that, I have no doubt.
"I was glad I could answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Weylin

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 10:27:26 pm »
I'm trying to put together one last adventure to cut a bunch of yew before I head to North Carolina. Wish me luck...

Limbit

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 10:39:08 pm »
I'm still waiting to see you pump out a crepe myrtle bow...been waiting a long time. I need some inspiration before I hit my stack of myrtle.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 10:49:35 pm »
I'm still waiting to see you pump out a crepe myrtle bow...been waiting a long time. I need some inspiration before I hit my stack of myrtle.

Haha, don't wait on me! I might need some inspiration from you. I got one crepe myrtle stave from Keenan. I'm thinking it would make a good hollow limb bow.