Author Topic: Trail cam pics  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Trail cam pics
« on: May 29, 2018, 02:36:11 pm »
I pulled my trail cam from near our garden area after it was there for a month or more. Here are a few of our visiters...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Trail cam pics
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:48:24 pm »
That's a healthy looking bear  :o
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Melvin Gregoire

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:48:35 pm »
Pat that's a fat bear do yall have a season

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 08:15:42 pm »
Looks like you could make a lot of biscuits from that big boy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 09:25:18 pm »
Melvin, we do have a season here but I'm not interested in hunting bears. I like knowing they are out there. They get fat around here from stealing bird seed and destroying feeders. We can always tell when bears are around because our dog, Maggie, circles our perimeter barking. She's keeping them away from our stuff...generally. We've had them on the front porch and back porch and I heard noise outside one day and when I went to the front door a 150# bear was sitting on the porch rail drinking hummingbird juice from the feeder. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 12:07:45 am »
Ouch!  That would be an automatic strike 3 out here!  Of course, when they have a good natural food supply, the humming bird feeder is just dessert!  CPW recommends stringing the feeders high off  the ground and away from decks, etc, if I remember correctly.  Problem we have is that a lot of people don't bear proof  their homes and cars, and leave food and trash exposed.  Result is the bear loses - either way!!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 02:14:26 am »
Cool pics Bud ! How are You ? Bob  :OK
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Melvin Gregoire

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 05:46:34 am »
That's to cool Pat all we have problems with are raccoons and possums

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 05:51:09 am »
Nice pictures, that is a fat one. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 06:22:22 am »
Bears are more of a nuscence (sp) than a problem around here. And it's usually the young males that do cause problems. I think that's in all species though.  :OK

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 06:48:20 am »
  That bear is very large/fat for this time of year, my guess he is being fed close to your area...Be careful with that one...Looks to be 250+...They can become pretty bold....
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 08:07:07 am »
Don, we have a 4000ac development around half of our 25ac. Lots of bird feeders, garbage cans and ignorant folks that think it's cute to feed the bears. The bears are already bold and have been for years.
 One story I heard...a woman came home one day and heard noise in her kitchen. When she went in there was a bear at her kitchen table eating a cake. She yelled at the bear and he grabbed the cake and ran out the kitchen door.