Information and Resources > Primitive Shoots and Events

Mojam Flight shoot ( Results Updated)

(1/3) > >>

Badger:
  As results trickle in over the next few days I will copy and paste them to here and maybe we can talk to the bowyers about their bows a bit.

Danzbar,  Steve,
My osage static "feather backed" about 3yrs old. about 1000 shots through it - 52# @ 28" shot 201 yards.
My osage static self bow about 200 shots through it 42# at 28 shot 195 yards.
Of course both bows shot your arrows at about 10 gr per pound.

How long are those bows and do you know the mass weight?

Danzn Bar:
Steve,
The feathered backed static was 64" ntn here are a few pics.  Don't know the mass but the tips last 10 " are very thin. thin enough that they needed a bridge for the string to stay on when shot.  Mass might have been up a bit due to the two part epoxy finish.  Here are a few pic's
DBar

Danzn Bar:
Here is a few more ….. Comments are welcome.

Danzn Bar:
Steve,
This was the first time I ever shot for distance and I believe better distance could be had with arrows that match the bow and the shooter (me) having practice a bit on the release.

Thanks again, fo putting this shoot on, you have really got my juices and brain going again...... and lord knows I needed it.
DBar

Badger:
   Bill, you will certainly improve with just a little practice, you have a pretty decent release as it is but I think you were shooting just a tad low on most of your shots. I remembered the feather back bow but not the other. Thanks for posting that.

Arvin, Sleek, Bowed, Aaron H, Scott, Bob Barns, Who am I leaving out? 190 plus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version