Author Topic: Bamboo backed Red Elm quad lam  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Mark Smeltzer

Re: Bamboo backed Red Elm quad lam
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 03:22:29 pm »
I have tried 2 and 3 lams in the past and I feel as if the extra glue line helps it hold the profile much better and to make the glue line perfect on the belly it's much easier with two thin lams than one thicker one.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 03:31:22 pm »
Now I really like this bow.  I would be showing off that profile if it was my bow 

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 03:36:10 pm »
I have tried 2 and 3 lams in the past and I feel as if the extra glue line helps it hold the profile much better and to make the glue line perfect on the belly it's much easier with two thin lams than one thicker one.

Thanks!  Will try that some time. I did a lot of tri-lams with bamboo back, iipe belly and different cores and they keep their profile really good. Mostly using titebond3 but never tried elm or hickory or other non tropical woods.

Offline Mark Smeltzer

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 03:46:21 pm »
Thank you!! I feel like the extra lams/glue lines help hold the profile better. It definitely is easier with two thin lams than one thick lam on the belly ramps....that's a fairly sharp bend.

Offline silent sniper

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 10:13:45 am »
Mark, beautiful work as usual! Your bows are an inspiration of what an advanced wood bow design can look like! SS

Offline backtowood B2W

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 01:37:03 pm »
Cool bow , looks very sleek
Bttw