Author Topic: Horn bow video  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Horn bow video
« on: January 21, 2019, 12:22:25 pm »
This is one I had not seen before.  Interesting build although not quite as refined as I've seen but the bow does seem to hold together

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUWuySzQ10
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Re: Horn bow video
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:25 am »
That's why this is one of my favourite videos - really shows how you can put all your own jigs and benches together and still build an excellent bow - at least it looks like a fine piece of kit to my untutored eyes

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 09:29:23 am »
...and with all hand tools.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 09:38:40 am »
Its one of those videos that I find a little shaming in that I can make all the excuses under the sun why I haven't built this or that but that guy is building those bows in his front room (beautiful furniture don't you think?) and patio-garden - love the knife , and the scrapers are the nicest I think I've seen, oh and the bow-bench is so clever

Offline PatM

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 09:45:46 am »
...and with all hand tools.  :OK

Well,  except for the table saw. ;)

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 03:21:07 pm »
Stuckinthemud, the first thing I noticed was the furniture..beautiful is an understatement. Definitely, an interesting build.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 04:56:23 pm »
I really like this video and the tools he used,, some great ideas there,,for me,,
I like the way he made his own glue,,and the spices were simple enough to inspire me to try some,,Im not quite to making a horn bow, but this made me think about it for sure,,it would be nice to test one and see what its shooting 10 gpp,,