Author Topic: First Post and Short Bendy Handle Bamboo Backed Ipe  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Rākau

• Aotearoa-the land of the long white cloud
Re: First Post and Short Bendy Handle Bamboo Backed Ipe
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:58 pm »
wicked bow, I love the ipe bow combo in terms of it's looks! I will have to source some ipe soon, man i love that bow!

Offline Hilongbow

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 10:54:08 pm »
Mahalo everyone for the compliments. Such a fun bow to shoot. I forgot to add the brace height is around 5 1/8", B50 string.

Interesting side note: I took some slow mo video of a few shots, and in one of the videos I have a pretty good view of the limbs across several frames as they return to brace. The tips seem to return faster than mid limb, which returns faster than the area just outside the handle. It creates this sort of wave or like a reverse whip motion in the limbs that travels from tip to center. The waves from each tip collide right where my hand is and then the whole bow goes still. I wonder if that explains the quiet shots and the minor jolt I feel upon release.

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:42 am »
I'm not an expert by any means but apparently digital cameras scan from one pixel to the next, from one end of the frame to the other. This can cause some weird pictures. Someone posted one here a while back that showed the string during release. The string was a huge "S" wave and when you thought about the camera scanning it as the string was moving you could see that the one frame was actually a short time bite with the top of the picture happening a little earlier than the bottom. Depending on how you are holding the camera the scan can move in different directions. This may or may not be what's happening in your case but it's worth keeping in mind. And I may have it totally wrong ;D ;D