Author Topic: Unwilling Yew Branch  (Read 3712 times)

Offline airkah

Re: Unwillidjustng Yew Branch
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 12:33:33 pm »
Just wow! I'm so impressed with that!

Offline DC

Re: Unwilling Yew Branch
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 12:52:19 pm »
Thank you all for the nice comments. This one almost defeated me. I've had bows break before and don't count that as a defeat. This one just didn't want to be a bow. And it might still keep bending and twisting. Only time will tell. I wish I could take better pictures, the wood grain and colour didn't show at all in my pictures.

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 01:17:57 pm »
Thank you all for the nice comments. This one almost defeated me. I've had bows break before and don't count that as a defeat. This one just didn't want to be a bow. And it might still keep bending and twisting. Only time will tell. I wish I could take better pictures, the wood grain and colour didn't show at all in my pictures.

You should really mail that to me so I can fully appreciate the grain and colour in person  :D
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 04:17:42 pm »
Impressive work, D.C.! Looks like you wrangled that crazy stave into a nice character bow!!
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

(Ren', in Wytheville, VA)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 08:49:43 am »
Way to stick with it DC, I'm a sucker for the curves to. I also like a well built Rat Rod.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 09:52:17 am »
    Excellent job Don...Way to whip that stubborn stick...I hope she stays stable and unchanging...
                                                                                                                                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 10:17:01 am »
You just demonstrated what for me is the most interesting part of all this.  Nicely done!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.