Author Topic: Snake Skins and other things to trade for your stuff  (Read 364 times)

Offline backwoodsguy

Snake Skins and other things to trade for your stuff
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:14:47 pm »
  Things to trade are 9 copperhead skins 21" to 28", 4 rat snake skins 75" 54" 53" 46", a hole braintan hair-on whitetail skin, 17 sq. ft.of 2-3 oz cow hide in a soft gold color, a French Ax & alligator sheath, 2 Meerschaum pipes one old man and other a lions head, CVA brass powder horn and 2 50-100 open top brass measures, completed half legging botas, 4 or 5 East Texas white tail racks 12-15" wide and most are 8 points, about 5-7 Green River carbon blades in Buffalo and Sheep Skinner design (like new),probably 15-20 rattle snake skin belt buckles on Tandy blanks (round, rectangle & oval) I used to sell them for $27.50 back when I made them, new full quill ostrich Biker wallet with chain and clip, 3 atlatl throwing sticks- I'll keep one & let 2 go,bi-fold python skin wallet, emu skin roper wallet. There's more but I'm tired of one finger typing.
  What do you have "of equal value" to trade? Must be able to use it at a pre-1840's rendezvous.I would be happy to text a picture of any item I have. I don't have the ability to download pictures to Primitive Archer.
  Things I need:Bee's wax or candles, rusty old steel arrowheads or field tips, candle lanterns, a used tin coffee pot, silver "trade" jewelry, #10-11 beads,straight razor, a quiver, feathers, bone or horn hairpipes, an arm guard or any Fur Trade item.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:55:12 pm by backwoodsguy »

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Snake Skins and other stings to trade for your stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 09:09:24 am »
I'd be interested in some of what you have. I can make you a quiver and/or an arm guard, I have feathers and some fur. I can even make a quiver from some of the leather or hides you have.
 I'd be interested in snake skins, soft gold leather, half leg botas, the Green River blades, brass measures, brain tanned hair on hide and a brain tanned hide(hairless) that you may have.  I have a small candle lantern(modern, aluminum) and an aluminum percolator camp coffee pot.
Will you email pics to me of these items? My email addy is in my profile.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online dylanholderman

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 09:52:26 am »
Iím interested in the rat snake skins, I could make you arrow heads and trade knives and I can make forged iron camp cooking gear if your interested.
Iíll look when I get home and see what other trade goods I have that you might be interested in.

Offline Deerhunter21

• No grudges held, just lessons learned
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:51:01 pm »
I'll talk later but I want to trade for the cow leather
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:35:57 pm by Deerhunter21 »
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." Cree Native-American Proverb

A amature practices untill he gets it right. A master practices untill he never gets it wrong.

Offline backwoodsguy

Re: Snake Skins and other things to trade for your stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:23:32 am »
I'm Going to address each request in the order it has been received in a "Private Message". The reason is fairness. Also, you'll need to text me by phone since my AOL dial-up won't let me get to my emails. I'll text pictures to you. The order so far is Pat B, Dylanholdermad and Deerhunter21.

Offline Deerhunter21

• No grudges held, just lessons learned
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 10:42:50 am »
do you want us to PM you our # or you to PM us?
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." Cree Native-American Proverb

A amature practices untill he gets it right. A master practices untill he never gets it wrong.

Offline 1442

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 12:04:45 am »
I would be interested in pics of the French axe with alligator sheath.
I'll PM my number to you so you can text a pic and I will text back pics of what I have to trade.
I guess I'm just South of you here in SE Texas

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 05:02:59 pm »
Sent you a text, Richard.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 06:34:09 am »
"1442" has traded for the French Ax with sheath and a set of deer horns. I'd love to see pictures of the knives you make out of them.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 02:41:32 pm »
Iím interested in snake skins if there are any left

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 06:08:43 am »
   Wizardgoat, I'm really ready to trade some snake skins. I've got over 40 feet of rat snake and copperhead plus I killed another copperhead yesterday. My property is under 1-D-1 Wildlife Management and I need to get rid of rat snakes for the bird population. What do you want to trade. I'll send you a PM with my cell number. If you'll text me with your needs and your PA name "Wizardgoat", I'll send you pictures of what I have. I have AOL Dial-up for my computer and no internet service on my cell but can text photos.

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 07:42:56 am »
Wizardgoat, your mail box was full  so here's what I tried to send.
Hey, here's my cell number so I'll be able to send you photos of snake skins or anything else you're interested in trading for. I'm willing to consider almost anything that looks Pre-1840 since I go to 3 Texas Association of Buckskinners rendezvous's a year.
            Richard Meador (backwoodsguy)
             cell 936-245-5074
PS: Wanted to ask you if there is any problem with sending skins to Canada?