Author Topic: What do you guys think of Grozer biocomposite bows?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Mesophilic

What do you guys think of Grozer biocomposite bows?
« on: September 27, 2019, 07:59:21 pm »
What's your opinions of Grozer biocomposite bows? 

I have a friend who shoots Grozer regularly in local competitions.  I felt the itch and went ahead and ordered one for myself for Christmas.  Didn't think it would arrive so soon.

Bought the Scythian model.  The sinew "plate" looks much different compared to the hand laid sinew I've done in the past.  The horn on the belly looks great.  Limb cores look to be two lams of bamboo.

I've read that Grozer doesn't exactly use just horn, sinew, and wood,  but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The cast is hands down better than the cheeper FG models from China that I've tried out.  Especially with 10gpp and heavier arrows. I've been wanting to learn thumb release...and boy is there a learning curve.

Anyway,  what do you guys think?  And don't hold back the punches, I can handle the criticism on my decision.

Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline sleek

Re: What do you guys think of Grozer biocomposite bows?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 08:48:39 pm »
They are very pretty, cheap enough. I have fired one a few times and enjoyed it. It was fast for sure, though per my memory,  I think I may recall believing that maybe some of my own bows were a little faster.

If I recall, these bows dont require the careful tending that horn bows do, so that's nice. All in all, maybe I will buy one meself oneday, just to.learn from. All in all, shoot it, and dont depend on others approvals for your own happiness.  I hope you love it.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 02:39:39 am »
Grozer has a lot of experience and he himself says that the bow is not only made of natural materials, especially the tendon covering.
The biocomposite is definitely a better and more honest choice than a pure glass bow.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 05:06:40 am »
I would love to have one, wouldnt give it a second thougjt. If nothing else you now have a benchmark to meaaure from and examine for construction

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 11:40:49 am »
I've never owned or shot one, so I really cannot hold forth with an informed opinion.  I do know that there are a whole lot of Grozer products running around in the mounted archery circles. 

I like the look of them, that's for sure.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 11:51:10 am »
What is the biocomposit material?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 12:17:37 pm »
What is the biocomposit material?

This is straight from Grozer:

The bows made by this technology consist of the following materials: the middle layers of wood, the inner layer of pressed horn, while the outer layer of pressed sinew plate. These two layers are glued to the wooden plate by modern glue and the glued layer gets a fibre strengthening.

Some have questioned what that "fiber strengthening" is, speculating it may be a fiberglass layer, or some sort of modern composite.
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 12:33:09 pm »
I've never owned or shot one, so I really cannot hold forth with an informed opinion.  I do know that there are a whole lot of Grozer products running around in the mounted archery circles. 

I like the look of them, that's for sure.

I've never been to a mounted archery event but it's definitely something I'd like to do.  Next time I go back home to AZ I'd like to see if one of my buddy's horses would let me try it out.

Reading reviews from mounted archers help me decide to purchase a Grozer.  That, and the fact that I couldn't find one used anywhere.  Figured if people really don't like them,  or they just didn't work out the  way they thought, then I'd find one for a good price to try out for myself.   So I browsed Grozer's site for about 6 months waiting for one I liked in a 50# draw weight.
-Homer Simpson-